“New Orleans style food and atmosphere in the heart of the Midwest”
Review of Zydeco's 5

Zydeco's 5
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Mooresville
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

We returned to Indiana for a visit and arranged to meet up with a group of old friends at Zydeco's in Mooresville Indiana. The New Orleans style food and 'good times' atmosphere was as terrific as we remembered when Carter and Deb started the restaurant in nearby Monrovia 20 years ago.
They don't take reservations, but after a quick phone call they had our table set for 16 and our great server was ready for us. Excellent service atmosphere and authentic Louisiana food. My half and half jambalaya and gumbo was excellent and the Mardi Grad Mambo cocktail was yummy and added to the party spirit.

Well worth searching out this little gem for the decor, atmosphere, food and the charming historic town.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I love this place super friendly people the food all tastes like it’s made from scratch and good beer selection!! Usually have live music too!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

We visited here with a tour group. It has a very fun, Mardi Gras atmosphere.
I started with a Hurricane. It was excellent. Definitely ranks in the top 5 best drinks I’ve ever had.
We were served salad, bread, jambalaya and red beans and rice ‘family style’.
They make their own salad dressing which is great on the salad and better on the french bread.
The jambalaya was light/med on the spice with chicken and house made andouille. The andouille was fabulous. The meat was a bit too sparse for my liking but it was still an excellent dish. The red beans and rice was also very good.
The bread pudding with rum sauce ended our meal perfectly. Save room for some if you have dinner here. You won’t regret it.
I have not eaten at very many Cajun/Creole places nor have I been to Louisiana. I also don’t care for overly spicy foods. I can say that I will probably return to Zydeco’s in the future. It was that good.

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Heard about this place from a friend who say this on Diners, Drives, and Dives. Was in the area and figured I'd try it. Was not disappointed! The staff was super friendly, giving recommendations and answering menu questions. I sampled half the starter menu (ultimately smaller portions of the entrees) and everything was great! Atmosphere was eclectic and cozy. Well worth the visit!!

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

The meal was fantastic as was the hostess & waiter. The menu has many true Cajun dishes that aren’t too spicy, but they have Chrystal hot sauce for those that like it hot. When you are in Indy, this place is worth the trip!

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Zydeco's 5? Share your experiences!