All reviews two bedroom suite water park free tickets the check in process staying on site living area half price tickets mini fridge minute walk new owners whole family indiana beach amusement season motel sleep carpet
Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

While I have been to Indiana Beach many times over the past 30 years, this is the first time I've stayed overnight. I brought my 9 year old son and his best friend. We took advantage of the stay and play package, free tickets to the park after 4 the day of check in and half price tickets the following day.

We are staying in the Skyroom Suites (suite 2 to be exact). It's located on the top floor of the hotel building, literally right next to the Skyroom Restaurant and the chair lift. It is called a two bedroom suite, but there is truly one bedroom and an additional bed situated in the living area. The living area also features a full size couch and a table with two chairs. The kitchenette has a mini fridge, microwave and a Keurig. There is a sizable balcony, about 3 feet wide and easily 8 feet long with two chairs. The suite itself is a very good size, easily 4 times the size of a typical hotel room.

I wasn't sure what to expect, given the reviews. My kids and I have stayed in everything from a Super 8 outside Mamoth Cave to the Hotel del Coronado on Coronado Island in California. Honestly, this is lovely. You can tell it's freshly renovated and it's very clean. The tile and bathroom fixtures are brand new, as is the carpet. Even the towels are soft and fluffy. I love that I can take the actual bedroom, close the door and get some sleep while these crazy kids stay up all night! As we are literally INSIDE the park, access to everything is at our doorstep. And we parked directly in front of the building.

It's not a Hilton in downtown New York, but it is a very nice accomodation for a family trip to Indiana Beach. I will stay here again, probably for a couple days next trip!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
jeff123452017, Guest Relations Manager at Indiana Beach Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Good afternoon Blonde Lender.

Your kinds words and effort to share your feedback with us is well appreciated and we are THRILLED to hear you had a memorable time at Indiana Beach. Our location is a real asset, but it's nice to see that our effort in accommodations find its recognition as well. Thanks again and we hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed in suite number 3. Although I expected noise because we were practically inside the park, I did not expect that the arcade machines directly below the room would be on all night. They needed to do a better job sound proofing the rooms from the outside noises. The rooms were recently remodeled and beautiful on the inside however, the water from the faucet smelled like it was taken directly from the lake. I was certainly glad we only stayed one night.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Barbara, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. One of the many benefits of staying in the Skyroom Suites are the amazing brand new accommodations, spectacular views and proximity to all the attractions. Unfortunately, regardless of how much sound proofing we did, it will not be quite enough for all the games and activities in the arcade area. Perhaps one of our Lakeside Cottages would have been a better option.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

My first gripe about this location is the price. I don't know how they think these accommodations are worth what they charge, but it's usually booked up so I guess either people are getting a better deal than I am or others think it's appropriately priced. It is incredibly convenient so I will end up staying on-site again - except next time I probably won't stay in the cabins and will opt for the Motel instead if it's available.

We stayed in the cabins this year. I booked it online when they had a special running for free park passes the day you check in and 1/2 off passes for the days you were there. Including all of those discounts we still paid about $200 a night for the cabin. Which for what it is, is just too high. In comparison, I have recently stayed in a similar cabin at the state park and it was only $90 a night on a Holiday weekend and included passes to their indoor aquatic center.

Last year I had booked the Motel but they were renovating it so we were moved to the Skyroom Suites. Now those are very nice, but when we went to book it this year they wanted over $350 a night for it - it's not that damn nice!. It's on par with your higher end motel chains, sure - so maybe I would pay $200 a night to stay there, but not over $350. It did have 2 bedrooms though so it might be better fit for a family larger than mine.

As far as the cabins go, the unit was pretty clean. I'm pretty sure it had been painted recently. It looked more modern than I expected and it was nice for our small family of 3 (2 Adults and a 5 year old). The bunk beds were cute, but basically it was like sleeping in a closet. There wasn't a kitchen, but there was a mini fridge, microwave, sink and cabinets fully stocked with dishes in the living area. The bathroom was nice, but had very little privacy. It had a sliding door and was right next to the "kitchen", looking directly into the living area. Its a small unit for sure. The water was a little yellow, so I just skipped washing my hair there. Not a big deal.

The biggest complaint we had for the cabin were the beds. As I stated previously, the bunk beds were like sleeping in a closet and they were in the living area. The main bedroom is by itself in the front of the cabin. I personally didn't feel comfortable having my 5 year old sleep basically in the living room (where the 2 doors are) by himself, so he slept in the bedroom with me. This wasn't too uncomfortable space wise, but the mattress was pretty much the equivalent of a futon mattress on a box spring. There were no springs in the mattress itself, so it felt kind of stiff and flat. Saying all of that, it was the best sleeping arrangement in the cabin. With the queen bed taken, my 225lb. partner had to choose between sleeping in the closet bunk beds, which he also said had very flat mattresses or the pull-out bed. He opted for the pull-out bed. If you've slept on a pull out bed before I don't have to say much more. They aren't comfortable even when new - you have to position yourself around the middle bar to even be able to manage - but this one was very worn and the mattress was on par with a heavy sleeping bag. So yeah, not much sleep was to be had for any of us.

Maybe if they renovate the cabins and update the bedding it will be better and possibly even worth the $200 a night. I will say that it was nice having the fridge and microwave for breakfast before we would head out and snacks when we came home from the park. I imagine it would have been nice for changing after visiting the waterpark, but it was a cold and rainy weekend so we had to skip that. It was incredibly close to the park entrance - perhaps a 2 minute walk if even. We had a great view of the Steel Hawg coaster right from our back porch. Also loading an unloading the car was GREAT. You park right by your door and even though there is a small flight of steps - it was quick and easy to bring it all in and ship it all out. It was never noisy at night either. You could see some cars driving by, but it wasn't disruptive. It was very bright in the morning and maybe a little more noise could be heard inside, but not very much. Outside definitely, but that didn't bother us at all.

The worst part of our experience was at check in. We were a little off schedule and didn't arrive to check in until 5pm (check in is at 4pm) - yet our Cabin still wasn't ready. They were unable to put us in another option because they were fully booked and we were told the cabin wouldn't be ready until 6pm (2 hours after check in). No one seemed to offer any compensation for this at all, nor did they seem surprised or sympathetic. I could tell that they simply expected it to not be ready and "oh well."

I asked for a late check out to compensate and was told no. Eventually they said the best they could do was an hour later, but that doesn't exactly compensate us for 2 hours of a late check in. They all confirmed there was nothing else they could do, which I thought was shocking, but they said I could speak with the manager in the morning (why is she not there during check in?) so I left it alone until then.

In the morning I spoke with Carol, the manager and she agreed to a 12:30 checkout. Still not equally compensating but I could tell I wasn't going to get anything else. This makes zero sense to me. When I have stayed at other places during a busy season, sure rooms aren't done - but I have immediately been offered a room that was ready and if none were available I was given a discount. I have been offered this with only a 20 minute wait - yet the staff at Indiana Beach can only comp me an hour and half. I just didn't appreciate it. Especially when they told me they can't do late check outs because then the next people who check in will have to wait... ummm... kinda like how I had to?

Did it ruin my vacation? No. I just let it go and figured fine, I'll just put it in my review. Did the beds ruin my vacation? Not really. But we were all a little cranky after 2 nights of poor sleep. Will I stay here again? Absolutely - but probably not in the cabin and not unless the Inn is more comparably priced. I will also be sure to call ahead of time and make sure my room is ready to check in when I get there. I suggest you do the same!

All in all it is super convenient and not the worst room I've ever stayed in, so if you don't get worked up over little things then you will probably be okay. But if you're expecting a high end hotel room for the $200 you're paying a night, then you will be highly disappointed.

Room tip: Call ahead to make sure your room is ready.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank brandypantz
jeff123452017, Guest Relations Manager at Indiana Beach Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay. We greatly appreciate your comments about aspects of the room that worked for you and your family, and what didn't work.

On the flip side, thanks for your kind comments shared on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us and please do not hesitate to contact us directly for your next visit. All the best and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

it was awful there is not such a thing as a beach there, is just a theme park overprice not good food, not restaurants i would not recommencement staying here save your money.
the day we arrive i try to shower and the water stinks so bad and i call the office and they say it was nothing they can do so i have to wait all night with that smell so disgusted.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank peque7789
jeff123452017, Guest Relations Manager at Indiana Beach Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Good afternoon Peque. Sorry you didn't have an opportunity to view or even sit on the beach, or enjoy one of the 5 newly constructed Cabanas. As for food establishments, we have over 22 places to eat on the Boardwalk, plus the Skyroom Restaurant and Rooftop Lounge, both run by DT Kirby's who is well known throughout the area. Do me a favor, reach out to me personally next time, I'd love to provide a free tour of everything you missed, plus dinner is on us!!

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

This "resort" should not have the luxury of being called a resort. The cabin was disgusting and dirty and not worth the money we spent. This was supposed to be a nice weekend get away for my mom, aunt, cousin and I and it was hugely disappointing. Everything my aunt was promised over the phone while making the reservations was not true. There was no breakfast and the water park was not even open!! The people at the front desk were extremely rude and not helpful whatsoever. We didn't get refunded for any of our expenses. You can say for sure I will never be coming back to this so called "resort."

Date of stay: August 2017
5  Thank Chelsey C

Dear Chelsey,

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Personalized service and creating memorable experiences is our highest mission at Indiana Beach Boardwalk Resort. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly prior to your next visit so we can arrange everything to your expectation. I hope we can earn your business back.