“A wonderful discovery!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I've lived in Italy for over 20 years and have to say this was a real treat to find. It's well worth a visit - not only for the food which is excellent but also the range of craft beers. It has a great rural atmosphere and the staff are really friendly. They also speak English which was a bonus for my friends who were visiting Italy for the first time. I will definitely be back when I'm in Sabina-shire again!.

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

We enjoy La Taverna every time we visit the Sabina. The best restaurant in Lazio, by far!! Excellent cooking and a wine list full of local and international gems. Can't wait to go back

Reviewed 5 October 2015

Unexpectedly excellent pizza, pasta and desserts in a simple, rural setting. Atmosphere could be improved. Outdoor lighting needs to be moody...a bit stark flourescent lighting. Nice wine list. Great for families.

Reviewed 8 September 2015

We have had a most beautiful meal in La Taverna del Tiranno, our Italian is limited but we were graciously assisted by Rita. Food was first class, I would highly recommend.

Reviewed 28 June 2015

I am visiting Sabina from Australia and during my time here I have visited many Trattoria and restaurants in the area.
The entire experience of dining at La Taverna del Tirrano certainly stands out above the rest.
The atmosphere is tranquil, the decor stylish, and the service personable, welcoming, attentive and efficient.

The menu was excellent - varied, wide selection and corageous (deserves to be even more daring).
We selected a range of dishes which were all delicious. The stand outs being the burrata affumicata, spaghetti cacio with 5 pepe and the Provola Carpaccio.
The wine list was outstanding in choice and quality, in particular the Passito produced in Mozia (Sicily) is remarkable. The bio dynamic wine was extremely good, so much so we bought two bottles to bring home with us.

The only small critique - we did think for such beautiful food, brown china plates don't do the presentation the justice that it deserves.

Thank you to the chef and the staff at La Taverna del Tiranno for providing us with a really lovely lunch and a relaxed afternoon.

3  Thank ginny548