“rest and comfort”

Gasthof Amish Village
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Rooms very clean and comfortable, had a suite (2 rooms). Provided decent continental breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful. I will stay there again.

1  Thank Emily E
in 3 reviews
"gasthof"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

We came to explore Amish and Mennonite culture. This was a nice place with a variety of types of stores. To note, not all items are home made. We made our purchase and continue to explore. Plan to come again on a flea market day for more people, culture and purchasing choices.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

All of the food on this buffet is excellent. A wide variety of meat, vegetables, and desserts. Gluten-free is avaialble as well as sugar-free. Great staff and the buffet area is kept well stocked and clean.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

I was actually really excited to fix as we were passing through Indiana, but once we arrived we soon realized the "antique store" is essentially a junk type store. It had everything from Bath & Body Works soap to anything you haven't been able to find in years. We thought maybe it was just a fluke. So we went to the next door beside the restaurant and it was a gift shop that you would find anywhere with all of the stuff made in china. We then went to the gift shop and there were a few quilts made by the amish (supposedly), but I was so annoyed and disappointed at that point we didn't even stay to eat there. This in my opinion is definitely not worth going out of your way to get there for.

See more reviews
Reviewed 5 September 2017

This was our second visit to Gasthof. First time was probably 10 years ago. It was a relaxing and enjoyable visit. There were really only 2 stores to look at and I did not see the horse and buggy rides that they used to have there. If you plan on eating and looking at the shops, I would budget about 1 1/2 - 2 hours. As for the food, we had a buy one, get one free coupon that we used and I was glad as I felt the food was really not very good. It was a run of the mill buffet, with not that many choices. Several items I sampled were very bland and tasteless; I just left them on the plate...the best thing they had was the salad bar. I did try the stuffing and found a shredded piece of plastic in it (probably from the packaging it had been in). I did show it to our waitress and told her they might want to change out the stuffing pan for a new one. They never did that so hopefully no one else ate plastic that day! Total for 2 adult lunch buffet meals with 2 drinks (after getting one lunch free) was $22.00.