See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 March 2016 via mobile

We arrived late in the night in the middle of a blizzard and had prearranged a late check in only to be left out in the snow in the dark cold. Had difficulty getting in contact with the owners and later found out they don't often check their bookings. Was originally left in a small cabin we were under the assumption we would have cooking facilities but it was pretty basic a bed and shower nothing else not even towels and a tiny heater that did not work it was awful.

Later complained and shifted to a bigger cabin with cooking facilities and things got better. Would stay in a bigger cabin if we were to go again from there it was not too bad. Simple but comfortable.

It is a real fishing port so be prepared for the smell of fish it is very strong but would not put us off for this reason.

Only wifi reception in the lodge which is open from April not March.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2016

Kræmmervika Rorbuer - Havets Helter is by far the worst place I have ever stayed.
If we have had the money to it we would pay the neighbor Rorbu for a room to stay, but we where on a budget ..
The bathroom was so bad that we did not use at all, only brushed our teethes in there.
We ended up be sitting at the restaurant located at the neighbors until they starting to give us "the look", after this we sat outside until it was dark in order to not be inside this place. I do NOT recommend this at all! If you have a tent, use this instead.

Room Tip: The beds was full of yellow and brown stains, I am very happy that we had our sleeping bags with us!
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Johnny J
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

This place is by far the worst place I have ever been. It was super expensive and worth nothing. The Rorbu felt like it could fall apart any moment, the beds was more brown than white and smelled awful. The whole place was dirty. I chose to sleep on the floor with my sleeping bag insted of the beds. I didn't even want to touch the kitchen and the bathroom was super smelly and I dont even want to mention the shower. Bad place for parking as well. We arrived in the afternoon and didn't go in until super late because we didn't even want to stay inside of it. We also woke up super early to escape the place. 1500 nok for one night? I wouldn't have go there one more time even if they paid me.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Linn Kristin J
Reviewed 24 August 2015

Our rorbuer at Kræmmervika Havn was clean and functional, there was a simple kitchen and plenty of space for 5 people to sleep- but perhaps not be in the cabin all day! Linens were inexpensive to borrow and the beds were comfortable. The walls are quite thin and the floors creak a lot- we thought it was part of the charm, but if you're a light sleeper you might struggle.

The restaurant served tasty food and the outdoor seating areas were lovely to eat breakfast at.

Our one, tiny, disappointment was that the rorbuer are in the shade in the evenings- but it isn't usually as bright and sunny as it was that week so it wouldn't normally matter.

All in all, brilliant value accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2015

It's simple but very cozy to stay in a rorbu as the one Kraemmervika Rorbuer offers. The only thing I would have wanted is wifi in the hut, but that was only available at the reception which is located 10 minutes walk away.
Breakfast was great. Lots to choose from. Friendly staff!
The location was marvellous and nice terrain to hike in. Not so far to the Town of Lekn es if you wanted to do some shopping.
I can recommend this place with all my heart.

Room Tip: Try to get a rorbu on the waterline.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo