See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 August 2015 via mobile

This place is by far the worst place I have ever been. It was super expensive and worth nothing. The Rorbu felt like it could fall apart any moment, the beds was more brown than white and smelled awful. The whole place was dirty. I chose to sleep on the floor with my sleeping bag insted of the beds. I didn't even want to touch the kitchen and the bathroom was super smelly and I dont even want to mention the shower. Bad place for parking as well. We arrived in the afternoon and didn't go in until super late because we didn't even want to stay inside of it. We also woke up super early to escape the place. 1500 nok for one night? I wouldn't have go there one more time even if they paid me.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Linn Kristin J
Reviewed 24 August 2015

Our rorbuer at Kræmmervika Havn was clean and functional, there was a simple kitchen and plenty of space for 5 people to sleep- but perhaps not be in the cabin all day! Linens were inexpensive to borrow and the beds were comfortable. The walls are quite thin and the floors creak a lot- we thought it was part of the charm, but if you're a light sleeper you might struggle.

The restaurant served tasty food and the outdoor seating areas were lovely to eat breakfast at.

Our one, tiny, disappointment was that the rorbuer are in the shade in the evenings- but it isn't usually as bright and sunny as it was that week so it wouldn't normally matter.

All in all, brilliant value accommodation.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2015

It's simple but very cozy to stay in a rorbu as the one Kraemmervika Rorbuer offers. The only thing I would have wanted is wifi in the hut, but that was only available at the reception which is located 10 minutes walk away.
Breakfast was great. Lots to choose from. Friendly staff!
The location was marvellous and nice terrain to hike in. Not so far to the Town of Lekn es if you wanted to do some shopping.
I can recommend this place with all my heart.

Room Tip: Try to get a rorbu on the waterline.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I spent one night in the hostel in front of reception. This was the dirtiest place I have ever had to sleep. The bed was full of yellow stains and really uncomfortable. I had to place the blanket between the bed and my bed linen. The bathroom was dirty, with pieces of paper with rests of excrements below the toilet. The bed covers must be cleaned at least once in the life of the hostel. The only good think of this place is the bar at reception.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank spanishreviewer
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I actually expected a 10-bed dorm, but it turned out to be a traditional Rorbu(fisherman's cabin), which was a nice surprise. I arrived after 21:00, when I called them it wasn't a problem and they made sure I would get the key and the bed linnen. The rooms are a bit light though due to the midnight sun, but this was the only downside of the hostel. The staff is really friendly and helpful and the scenery around it is just amazing. It might be too basic for people who want a lot, but for backpackers or low-budget travellers it is a great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo