All reviews pull out chair front desk up to date main st south bend mishawaka nice person nice room beds were comfortable football game would stay here again bistro marriott lobby elevator grill
Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

The rooms are decent size, hotel is clean, it was the staff here for the reason of such a good review. There was a young lady in bistro, I believe her name was Abby, she did an awesome job! From helping me pick my dinner to having a wonderful conversation. It was definitely a great way to wind down from a long work day.
Definitely will return in future if I have any other trips.

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank business4567
Rebecca G, General Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Dear business4567,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and your wonderful feedback about our property and our staff members! We pride ourselves on being the cleanest and friendliest hotel in town and its great to hear we are accomplishing just that! We hope to see you again soon!

Rebecca Girard

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Friendly staff, room needs were met, but minor inconveniences like a broken elevator and business center computers that were not working correctly.

Area for groups was small (capacity 40) and shared with multiple groups for the weekend, we had to work out sharing ourselves as the hotel wouldn't manage a schedule or allow us to reserve specific times.

Small pool area (noisy for parents supervising), but the kids had fun. No hot tub, and very small fitness area (2 treadmills, a bike, an elliptical and enough room for 2 people to use weights).

Overall, an adequate stay for our hockey team and families, but I was not blown away.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Laura B
Rebecca G, General Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

Hi Laura B,

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to give us your feedback.

I apologize for the issues with the elevator and the internet, I can certainly understand that those issues could cause some inconveniences for our guests. We did get everything straightened out and they appear to have been isolated issues and we do not anticipate continued problems.

In the future we will look into an improved system for the sharing of our meeting space when we have multiple teams staying with us.

Thanks again!

Rebecca

Reviewed 12 December 2016

Other than the following it was a standard Courtyard. I had a hard time falling asleep because of an intercom from the Lowe's behind the hotel. At 10pm they were shouting out commands to the workforce. I even called the front desk, but of course not much he could do about it. Also the heater was very hot and I couldn't seem to regulate the temp.

Room tip: Get a room away from the Lowes they use the loudspeaker regularly and late.
Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank cmillerus
Rebecca G, General Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2016

Hi Cmillerus,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you had trouble sleeping due to the noise from the nearby Lowe's store. We are working with the management at that store to correct the noise problem and your feedback helps us to do that.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Worst hotel stay I have ever had, not clean, rude front desk and manager. To many other nice hotels in the area to waste your money here. Avoid booking this hotel just because the price is right, you will be very disappointed in this property.

Date of stay: April 2016
1  Thank bamasbear
Rebecca G, General Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Hi Bamasbear,

I'm very sorry to hear you did not have a good experience at our property, I would be happy to speak with you more about the problems you experienced in effort to improve our hotel and our staff service. PLease feel free to contact me directly at Rebecca.girard@whitelodging.com or 574-273-9900.

Rebecca
Courtyard Marriott Mishawaka

Reviewed 2 November 2016

Surprisingly, a little off from my typical Courtyard stays. Property feels outdated, especially in the rooms. Fixtures are old and leaky, cabinets loose and rattle a lot when you walk.

Location is fine, 10 mins from campus, 5 from shopping. Lots of eats around.

Staff was friendly, but a little overly casual compared to other Courtyard properties I have stayed. Could be due to the fact it is a college town so employee pool is limited.

Overall, an unremarkable stay; can be defined positively or negatively, totally up to you.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Robbz27
Rebecca G, General Manager at Courtyard South Bend Mishawaka, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

Hi Robert Z.

Thank you for staying with us, we appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are always looking to improve our property and staff service and will use your feedback to do just that.