All reviews pool table notre dame one bedroom suite time share putting green hot tub front desk small kitchen fire pit diamond resort resort fee breakfast buffet living area small exercise room south bend chocolate company a wonderful stay in town
Reviewed 10 July 2017

So much room at this hotel. Breakfast bar with 4 high seats, mini fridge and microwave. Small kitchen with everything you need. Living room and bedroom. The Living room has pullout bed that was pretty good size. The hidden gem of this hotel is the courtyard. 4 gas grills, two fire pits with 10 seats around each. High bar tables and seating. We had baseball team at this hotel and had cookout the last night we were there. There is only one major drawback to this place. No maid service. No housekeeping coming around each day to switch out the towels, empty the garbage in the room. We didn't figure this out until the 3rd day when we finally had to ask for towels and ask why our room was not cleaned. They said they don't provide this service. You have to ask for things and they will provide upon request. There was a sign at the front desk that said this, but it was only at one of the stations where you check in. And I was not at that station and missed it. The person checking me in failed to tell me as well. One other small thing, the breakfast is not free. $6.91 for breakfast per person. Eggs, sausage, pancakes, ham, and the rest was normal breakfast food. It was ok, but not the best.

Rest of the facility was really nice. Free laundry was great since we were at a baseball tourney and could clean uniforms for free! Usually we are heading to a laundry mat. Also lots for the kids to do. The court yard had putting green, bochii ball and bags area. Also a very nice room with a pool table was in the lobby.

Also has so much ND history on the walls and pictures. Really cool to just walk the halls and look at them all.

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: First floor room was the way to go. Everything is on those floors. Access to the courtyard as well.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Monte K
Reviewed 9 July 2017

Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Facility very clean and well kept. Notre Dame sport theme for sure. Great sports vibe. Nice location. Centrally located to access shops, dinning, antiquing and Notre Dame University.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2017

The staff is super friendly and the place has a lot of curb appeal. Breakfast was great. The young lady running it never acknoledged many guest but was at least smiling. My only complaint is the rooms are on the dirty and dated side. The thrushold to the bathroom was white marble and it was almost black. This made me wonder how dirty the Navy carpet really was.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Got this on a priceline express deal. Super spacious with separate living room and kitchenette. Had 100$ deposit, but never had to het charged. I think this is a party place for ND football. Loved it. Breakfast was fresh and tasty too.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I needed a place close to Granger, IN, and found this at the last minute via Trip Advisor .Room was a nice suite which included a kitchen, coffee maker and coffee (not one of those pod things, but real ground coffee). Small but adequate workout room and comfortable public spaces. Outdoor area has patio seating and grills. I noticed several people commented on the breakfast. However, as long as I get coffee, some eggs and toast or bagel and some sort of fresh fruit, I'm perfectly happy. Since I booked online, it was included. While it's minor, I did find it a bit odd that a $5.65 "resort fee" was added to my bill. I expect that the room price IS the room price. Their explanation is that they are a resort and not a hotel. No big deal -- but just odd.
Staff was very cordial, and I certainly enjoyed staying here rather than a Hampton Inn or other similar chain.

Room Tip: Be certain to get the breakfast coupon from the desk clerk when you check in; otherwise, you will be charged for breakfast.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business