See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Cheap room. Could have been much clearer considering I found mouse droppings on both beds there was food left in the mini fridge from the person before along with food behind mini fridge aka Swiss rolls. Therefore bring your own bedding, duster, vacuum, cleaning supplies. Pool and hot tub where good.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Arrived and sent to our room to find it not cleaned yet. Returned to front desk and we're assigned a new room. A couple sitting in the breakfast area pointed out how filthy everything is. Our room is very dated, stains on carpet, baseboard falling off, drywall in bad shape. Good soap and shampoo but I feel unclean just walking in the room. Ruffled lamp shades...bad. Our door opens to the parking lot. They say they are changing to Ramada...the lobby was being remodeled. Sad situation and even though rate was lower than some...still not worth it

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2018

This was an awful place. I washed everything I had taken into the hotel room when I got home for fear there were bedbugs. This place should not be operating. The windows were filthy there was a pile of sand in the hallway. The palm trees in the pool area were almost dead. This place needs a cleaning crew. The doors to the parking lot were not locked and wide open at night, totally unsafe. There is more I could say but believe me this is one of the worst places to stay in Michigan City.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I'm not sure how this place has a permit to be occupied. I am pretty sure the portion they are renovating is being detached from this portion that they are renting rooms out to. The hotel overall is in terrible shape. The rooms are not clean besides the bedding and towels. We took a rag and ran it across the floor and it picked up a layer of dirt. The bathroom floor had dirt spots all over it as well as in the corners of the tile. The staff was nice but they are very unprofessional looking. Just random street clothing. The only bright point in all of this was the beds and pillows were shockingly comfortable and we managed to have a good nights sleep. Overall, if you expect anything more than the quality of a Knights Inn or Motel 6 you will be disappointed. Due to the lack of cleanliness and falling apart nature of the hotel, I have to say don't waste your time with this place. Don't make the same mistake that I made thinking they are actually renovating rooms in this hotel. I think it's just the hotel that used to be attached to them that's being renovated. The rest of the hotel seems to be just rotting away. Almost makes me wonder if they plan to shut down this portion of the occupied hotel once the part that's being renovated is completed.

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Save your money! This place is disgusting!!! It looks NOTHING like the pictures. I thought it was an abandoned building when I first arrived. It’s paint peeling, smells like mildew throughout the entire building, the doors are coming off the hinges, it’s in a back alley located behind another abandoned building. I couldn’t wait to leave!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Ramada I, Front Office Manager at Michigan City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2018

You might be in different building and it’s abandoned. Correct bulging entrance is on Franklin st.