“Plenty of food!”
Review of El Cantarito

El Cantarito
Ranked #44 of 164 Restaurants in Michigan City
Reviewed 5 August 2016 via mobile

This was the second time I have eaten here. Both times were take out.
I asked for a recommendation and ended up with the pork carnitas. They were good and you get plenty of food. I think I could have made 2+ meals out of my order.

It comes with rice, refried beans, guacamole, lettuce and pico with 4 tortillas. Choice of flour or corn. You also get a small sack of chips and container of salsa.

I love their chips and salsa.

They do have a family and bar area for dine in.

The service was great, recommendation great and quick service. The prices are reasonable as well.

Reviewed 20 April 2016

We have heard nothing but good things from friends and family and finally decided to try it. The food was excellent and the service great. We will definitely be returning soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2016

Tried this place for the first time for lunch this week. Delicious! I loved the homemade salsa. The lunch menu was pretty cheap. I got the chicken chimichanga with rice. It was a good size portion for $6.95. The rice wasn't all dried out like some other mexican restaurants around here. Service was fast. I really liked the decor too. They have a wall of booths with a large mural on the wall and pergola above the booths. It just has a really nice, homey atmosphere. Cool lanterns hanging too. Loved it & will definitely return.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

Excellent shrimp tacos. Everything was very fresh. Great lunch menu. Homemade lemonade. Service was great.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

By far the Best Mexican food in town!! We have eaten here at least 8 times in the past year, and brought several friends and family members with us. We have never been disappointed. Service is prompt, friendly and attentive.(Olyvia is a great server !! Food is always fresh and delicious. I love the shrimp tacos, Fresh tortillas, grilled shrimp, lettuce, fresh avocado and a little cheese and tomato. Delicious! My husband likes the taco trio. They have a special pollo mexicano (I think that is the name) it has chicken, shrimp sautéed peppers. Very tasty. We have had the guacamole and it is very good also. Margaritas in several flavors, and flavored ice tea also. They also have a rewards card program. Overall, great food and service, good margaritas and excellent desserts! They also have added live music on the weekends!