“Good food but terrible service”

Knuckleheads Sports Bar & Grill
Ranked #48 of 166 Restaurants in Michigan City
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Stopped into get some food on a Thursday night. 20 minutes after being there a person that was a patron but who must be an employee waited on finally. The staff working that night did not acknowledge me, instead there were just chatting. Ordered a drink and food to go. Even cooking the food took longer than it should. Again, too busy talking and not working. Took the food to go and it was good. Portions were large. However, they still messed up the order and sides. I would not recommend this place unless you like to wait and wait for really bad service.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Visited Knuckleheads after arriving in Michigan City , Indiana for a football weekend at Notre Dame
A nice gentleman approached me as we sat at the end of a busy bar and started a nice conversation about football ... come to find out Michael ( owner ) took his time to get to know us and make us feel comfortable .... Laura ( bartender ) was awesome ... asked us where we were from ... once she found out we were from VA ... she told us she had a brother in the Navy serving on the USS Harry Truman based in Norfolk VA ( small world )
Service was spot on and the conversation with the locals was enjoyable
If you don’t mind a smoking bar ( which I didn’t ) visit this establishment and enjoy
Thanks for a great time
GO IRISH !

Reviewed 16 May 2017 via mobile

My co-workers and I stopped here for a quick lunch before a meeting in Michigan City. We were promptly greeted by the bartender, Angie, who quickly took our drink orders and went over the specials. Between the three of us we had a burger, a wrap, and tacos. Everything was good and well-prepared.

Angie greeted the other patrons as they came in, many by name. However, even as visitors from Indianapolis, we felt welcome.

Definitely a place to try if you're in Michigan City.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Best bar in Michigan city hands down. My second family. Always great cold beer.. great food. I love the Malibu chicken. Grilled chicken and extra jalapeños and pineapple.. Hamburgers are famous in the area. Stop in next time your in the area

1  Thank Jason W
Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

We came here to see Nawty, we are not bar people, but we were very Surprised how clean,neat, friendly the place was. We got an order of nachos it was great! So for our 1st time it was great and we will go back, get there early for a seat!