“Amazing Mexican Food”

El Bracero
Ranked #53 of 166 Restaurants in Michigan City
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 6 July 2015

This may be the best Mexican food I've ever had.

Prices are quite reasonable, and portions are large.

The chips are salsa were fresh and delicious. I ordered the El Bracero seafood special. It was $11.99, It had amazing tilapia with shrimp, rice, lettuce, tomato, and guacamole. It was really hard to decide what to order since everything looked so good, but I was extremely pleased with this dish. I would happily eat this several times a week. (I actually looked it up in Google maps to see how long it would take to get here to go for dinner, but 1.5 hours is a bit too far).

The other orders included the Veracruz fajitas (looked amazing), the tiliapia tacos (looked good, but not as good as the fajitas), and the chicken burrito (looked good, but not as good as my food).

I was impressed that they had clear descriptions of all of the dishes on the menu, and even pronunciations. They also had a clear vegetarian section, and mentioned that they cook in vegetable oil. This makes it easier to eat with vegetarians.

Everyone was quite happy with their food, and the restaurant selection.

The server was efficient, and helpful. He helped us make good choices, and was there whenever we needed him.

I plan to stop here every time I'm driving through Michigan City.

Reviewed 25 May 2015 via mobile

Every time we come they are very slow, always forget something or take their time to get anything to you. They act like that don't care you have anywhere to be or anything. They are priced well and their food is amazing, but their service isn't

Reviewed 10 May 2015

Try the Jalisco Special. Friendly waitstaff, and a wide variety of food at a decent price. We have never been disappointed..never...with this restaurant.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

We had been looking for a Mexican restaurant since we decided to quit going to the one that was close to our house. This was a very pleasant surprise! the chips are thick corn triangles and the salsa is thick with a little more bite than most. The rice has a good flavor and the refried beans are really good. We have had the tacos, flautas, enchiladas, and a variety of other dishes with no regrets. The food is inexpensive for what you get, and the staff is friendly and helpful. We did not expect much when we walked in but have been back several times and will continue to do so. If you like Mexican food you can't go wrong here.

Reviewed 16 March 2015 via mobile

This is a good but not great Mexican Resturant. I have been here for over a decade. The food has been consistently tasty and presented well. Overall customer service during this visit was average at best. We had a large party and monitoring of our needs was insufficient to assure all needs were met.

Overall a good medium priced resturant...