“Very nice breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 October 2018

We have been to Michigan City on many trips but this is the first time we had a meal here. The breakfast menu has dozens of different offerings, so it can be a tough decision. Our order was delivered very quickly and it was fresh and hot. No complaints about the quality either. Our waitress brought coffee refills almost on cue (when the cup approached half full.. she was there.) Service was excellent, price was very reasonable, and we will return.

Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

Not just for breakfast. Good selection for lunch and dinner as well. Omelettes are made with 5 eggs. (Expect leftovers). My husband loves the eggs benedict. Yes, hollandaise is made there, not a package mix like some places. Thier breakfast sausage links are also very good. They aim to please. Excellent staff and management.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Have eaten there more then a half a dozen times, and this is nothing more than Gordon food service food. The service is good, but the atmosphere is nothing at all special. Our waitress was pregnant and so tired she could barely walk. We wanted to leave her a special tip, but only had 8 dollars cash. We asked for another ten cash with our credit card bill (the bill was 19) but the nasty owner said all tips go to the waitress which we know is not true ,yet we left another ten anyway. That is just wrong, the girl was special and needed the money. Will never fall for that scam again

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

This place gives you a lot of food. Five egg omelets. Who can eat that much?! Comes with potatoes, meat, pancakes, I don't remember, a lot of food. Pancakes are good. Staff is friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

For at past five years my wife and I have stopped by Sophia's on our way to Harbor Country. We loved it. (Notice the past tense.) Not anymore.

Sophia's was sold about two years ago and has gone down steadily since.

Our last meal there was inedible. I ordered the roast beef a jus, and my wife, an omelette.

The roast beef came without the a jus. It was dry and tough. After hunting down our waitress, I asked for the a jus. Ten minutes later it came. Cold. The waitress plunked it down and said, "Here ya' go," Not a word about the order being messed up.

My wife, who has loved Sophia's omelettes, looked like her best friend had unfriended her. Her omelette, too, was dry and tough.

If this was the first time that this kind of thing happened, I'd chalk it up to an off day. But, this was the third or fourth bad experience.

So long Sophia's. We won't miss the mediocre food and the indifferent service, because we won't be back.