“The best I’ve had in years!!!”
Review of Aladdin Pita

Aladdin Pita
Ranked #5 of 155 Restaurants in Merrillville
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Incredibly delicious! Stopped by yesterday because we love Mediterranean food and all the good places in Indy are gone now. I’ve enjoyed Mediterranean food for over 25 years and I was impressed with the quality, flavor, and value we had at Aladdin Pita. I wish you weren’t 120 miles away from Noblesville! We had a lot of different items that my 11 year old and a friend that had never tried this type of food, loved! I find it hard to get good Kibbe usually, and these were the best ever! Highly recommended. I will always stop and eat here going through Merrillville as long as it’s an open meal time! Thank you for the good food and great service! The baklava I bought in your store was delicious too!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

Good middle eastern food. The buffet on Thursday night was on point and the service was adequate. I recommend it

Reviewed 22 May 2017

The food is wonderful. They have a very good lunch special which I highly recommend. Their dinner buffet is also extremely good and worth the money. Great food and excellent service.

Reviewed 7 May 2017

We were going out for a Saturday evening dinner and knew all the typical places would be crowded. When I mentioned Aladdin Pita to my wife, she jumped at the opportunity to go back there. I say it's hidden away because even though it's right on a busy highway, it occupies the far end of a strip center. Also, when you come in, you walk into their Middle Eastern grocery store, and the restaurant entrance is off to the side.
Enough about location, the food is wonderful. All diners are offered a complimentary group of tasty appetizers served with the best pocket pita bread in the area. Hummus, babaganoush, Arabian Salad and a tomato relish were wonderful. We could have filled up with this. We ordered the Chicken Biryani and the Lamb Kallaya for entrees. In addition to being very good, there was enough for take home for a second meal. The Biryani was mildly spiced, great rice, and plenty of chicken in the mix. My wife's Kallaya is a mix of lamb with vegetables sautéed in a tomato based sauce that was very good. All dinners come with a cup of soup and they make a great lentil soup. Hot tea rounded off our meal and aa we finished up, reminded us that we need to return here more often. Our total bill was $30!
Finally, the grocery store in front was our last stop to stock up on their amazing pita bread, Buram nuts and honey for my yogurt, olives, and some sesame cookies.
Don't miss out on some wonderful ethnic cuisine here!

1  Thank Nick G
Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

I had a delicious buffet dinner here on Sunday night. The buffer includes soup, salads, kebabs, potatoes, rice and other unique items. The flat bread was served hot and to the table. Also, the fruit juices tasted fresh squeezed. My only concern was the banquet room smelled smokey.