US$170
Best Way Inn(Madison)
US$77
US$73
Priceline
All reviewspower plantstate parkriver viewohio riverfried chickenrocking chairshiking trailsgift shopindoor poolnature centerno elevatorbreakfast buffetplay gamespatio roomsmoke stacksnew wingbottom floor
Reviewed 23 February 2017

We were to have an accessible room due to mobility issues but got a room at the far end of a hall. The air conditioning was not working, but we were told to open our patio door. They said they had no fan. We asked for a room change again the next morning as some guests were checking out. Amy, the manager, told us it was against their policy, but had told us already they were not full occupancy that night. Through it all what was so upsetting was how rudely Amy talked to us, how dismissive she was and how unaccommodating she was. When we decided to check out before the checkout time, we were told we would not be refunded the night's fee. We left shocked that after coming there for over 30 years, we were treated so disrespectfully. We are looking for a new place

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you want hospitality--it's all about policy, or so they claim.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sally45jean
Renie S, General Manager at Clifty Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2017

I am so sorry to hear about the issue that you experienced at the Inn, I am looking in to the matter and will call you later in the day.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Have stayed at Clifty Inn many times through the years. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The hotel is kept clean. Like all Indiana park hotels it is showing its age. The park and water falls are beautiful. Many of the trails are tough, but trials 9 and 10 are easy. The fried chicken on the Buffet is terrific. The Riverview rooms afford you stunning views of the river and Madison.

Will be back on Labor Day....

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

It is great to hear from our guest about their experience at Clifty. Sounds like you made some great memories. Looking forward to seeing you on Labor Day.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

I enjoy writing reviews with the hope that someone will find them helpful, but there's always the chance one will come back to haunt you. Last year my wife and I attended the Valentine Dinner and Dance at Clifty Falls Inn and it was wonderful. I wrote my review and couldn't wait to return this year. I hope no one used that review to attend this year because it was nothing like last year! There was a nice selection of food but it was cold, not warm, but cold. You could tell everything was being done on the cheap!! There was a small salad bar with desert bowls to put salad in, by the time you added a tomato wedge and a cucumber slice the bowl was full The service was terrible and the server was overwhelmed. She had two large tables in the center and several tables for four around the outside of the room, the large tables received most of her attention. I ask for coffee several times and finally found the pot and cups where she sat them to go bus tables and served myself and the others at our table. The entertainment in a small setting would have been great, but a guy and a gal with a guitar in a large open room with the servers walking around busing tables just never connected for me. If you've read my reviews before I always try to find something positive to say and I will say that Clifty Falls State Park is a beautiful place to visit and we visit often. My wife and I were so disappointed.

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank mharmonLouisville
Renie S, General Manager at Clifty Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

I am very sorry that your dinner was not satisfactory, we do take the reviews our guest post very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to let us know. If you will contact me by phone or e-mail I will be more than happy to credit your meal.
812-265-4135
or
rstephens@dnr.in.gov

Reviewed 1 February 2017

we recently visited the clifty inn for a weekday stay with several couples. you can receive 2 for 1 prices in the off season. madison is a nice quaint town to visit while there. we drove over to Vevay In. to belterra casino a 55 mile roundtrip drive with good river scenery.It makes a good getaway. the furnishings at the Inn are a little dated but a clean facility

Room Tip: riverview rooms on request
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Renie S, General Manager at Clifty Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

We are so glad you took the time to let us know about your visit, and that you enjoyed Madison and the small towns that surround us. Check out our site we have different discounts thru March. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Our accommodations were excellent. Stayed in room 303. The room was clean and nicely decorated. Our view was of the river and downtown Madison. We enjoyed watching the boats on the river and the lights at night were spectacular. There are many areas throughout the Inn to just sit and relax and we enjoyed sitting by the fireplace in the great room. The restaurant served delicious food and the price was reasonable and the service was good. If you are looking for a mini retreat or a nice little getaway, I would recommend the Clifty Inn. We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary C

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of all the little areas in the Inn. It is a great get away. Watch our site for more exciting discounts thru March.