“He must be hiding something!”
Review of Wishing Well Motel

Wishing Well Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lawrenceburg
Wishing Well Motel
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

Was coming through the area late one evening and passed by this little Motel. I stay at small independent motels often because I like their rates and I like to support them. I asked what his rate was and it was reasonable enough but he wanted to take my credit card information right then. I told him I was a mile away and wanted to see the room first. His exact words were, "Well that's not going to happen!" I told him that I've stayed at small independent ones before and I wanted to see the room before I committed. He told me, "Well then go somewhere else." A hotel owner or manager that doesn't want you to see the room before you pay for it is hiding something. I drove by and there were only two vehicles parked in front of the hotel rooms so he could have used the extra room rent. If he trusted his hotel to be clean then he should trust customers to see it beforehand. Small businesses that treat customers so horribly as I just experienced don't deserve to stay in business.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Jerry Stan W

Reviewed 24 March 2016

This place deserves no stars. We stayed here because it was the only motel in town and our car broke down on vacation. This was the absolute worst place i ever stayed in. The room smelled of urine and mold. The carpet was sticky in places and filthy abd badly stained. everything was cover in dirt and dust. I was afraid to sit on the chairs with the table, they were stained. The bathroom had a built in heated in the wall which we couldnt turn off even though it was warm outside. It did have cable tv, that was surprising. The only thing missing was Norman Bates standing in the office! OH, the door to the next room was closed only with clear tape around it. I dont know how this place is still in business!!

Room Tip: A tip- stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2015 via mobile

Don't expect a palace.. kinda run down. .kinda dumpy, but in a small town, did there's not trouble for 10 to 15 more you have other options in town though. .

Think Bates motel, without the creepy owners..

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sonny_circumvehor
Reviewed 19 July 2015

We stayed at the Wishing Well Motel this past weekend. It's a little scary looking, but not bad. We had two twin beds in our room, a tv and a fridge. Stand up shower, which had great pressure. It is right next door to a 24/7 truck stop diner that was sooo good. We will stay there again because you can't beat the price for the location, which is right down the road from the casino.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank missybear0281
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Hey, what more can I say. It's a bed, toilet and shower- which a whole lot better than nothing. The staff was friendly and helpful, I had no problems staying here. Room was taken care of and towels replaced while we were out for the day. There is no microwave, as mentioned by another reviewer, but you are literally right next door to a 24 hour diner/truck stop and diagonal from a Waffle House. It was loud due to it's proximity to the highway, but overall not bad.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family