All reviews shuffle board timbers restaurant la porte mini golf room was clean an older hotel free breakfast a great stay hot tub staff was friendly waffles pine lake patricia lounge bw crystal shuffleboard
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Excellent service as I had reserved a room over the phone for my mother who was traveling with my daughters. The staff was very accommodating & took my payment & welcomed my family without any hiccups. They enjoyed the room, the pool and the complimentary breakfast. The only negative they reported was the bar at the entrance with patrons that were using "colorful" language. They avoided the entrance because of this. Everything else was great thought.

Date of stay: August 2018
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

I am very glad to hear that you had a wonderful time! Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to review our hotel. I am very sorry that you had to encounter other guests that were not being respectful of their surroundings. I will have our staff be attentive to ensure that others are behaving appropriately while around other guests.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

They greet you with a smile, granted if you smile first. The wall all around you are sticky. Dirty dirty and gets worst. Travel into a new dimensions as you seenk into the most uncomfortable matress ever. Who needs a pool when the bathtub water in your room wont go down. I think my best experience was check out. Wa th over priced.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

I want to assure you that your review will not get lost in another dimension & I want to apologize for not providing an out of this world experience for you. We take all feedback very seriously, so I will have our maintenance crew look into why the bed was uncomfortable. We do live in a very humid part of the country which may have contributed to the "sticky" feeling you are referring to. Our staff perform routine deep cleaning of the hotel public areas and our guest rooms, but regardless I will look into this as well to ensure that all is as it should be. Please know that we will use your feedback to improve. I truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future. Until then, Safe & Happy Travels.

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. This is the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The shower would not drain. The bathroom always had a funny smell. The jacuzzi is a joke! Water was like warm and there was crud and yucky caked dirt all around the inside! The water looked contaminated! The hotel is definitely worn down. The pool walls are filthy. The floor is filthy.They have a lot of amenities that make it seem like it’s a great stay. Don’t be fooled!! This was supposed to be my birthday weekend getaway and it was terrible!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

We apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We try to make every guest's stay wonderful and memorable. We truly hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, as mentioned in our response to your google review as well, I have already passed along your feedback to our staff member so that we may remedy the issues that you mentioned.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Front desk was very nice and accommodating to our late check in. Room was clean and bed was super comfortable. We had dinner in the restaurant and the food was delicious. Made a stressful day a lot better.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I am very glad that we were able to help ease your stress during your stay! Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to seeing you in the future if you are ever in our area.

Reviewed 27 July 2018

Check in was horrendous! I gave my name with spelling, my id and showed my points membership and the front desk clerk still couldn't get it right. I should have left then. The lobby was clean but the furniture looks old. The walk to the elevator was hot because the hallways are not air conditioned. The room itself is dated. I asked for a room by the elevator, I was placed at the end of the hot corridor. The lighting in the room is very dim. The worst part was I was given a room that hadn't been cleaned. The bed was made but the tub area still had someones liquid soap. There was something furry in a bag under the night stand, and the coffeemaker was out on a table with a dirty rag and a cup in it. The chair to the desk wouldn't move. I did call maintenance and they replaced it. I complained to the front desk and they explained that the cleaning staff was subpar. In their defense they ended up comping my stay. The new room was clean but for me the bed was uncomfortable. Upon check out there was no cart to take my belongings out to the car on. I did ask, and the morning person didn't know where it was nor did she bother to look. so I made three trips in the hot hallway up and down to GET OUT of there. I would not ever stay there again!

Room tip: Go someplace else
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle L
WONDERFULLaPorte, Manager at Best Western Plus Laporte Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Again, I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We sincerely strive to make every guest's stay a great one. We will definitely use your feedback to improve for future guests. I truly hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you in the future.