See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 February 2017

Rooms were very clean, remodeled. Beds comfortable, pillows good. Very short on towels. I bath, 1 washcloth, 2 hand towels, and 2 bath mats. I used one after my shower. I'm sure we could of called and gotten more, but at 5am, we just made due. Room was quiet, good parking, fine room for good price. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

Very nasty hotel, room smelled like cigarette smoke, supposed to be non smoking, 2 towels, cheap cheap looking crappy room. Bright orange paint mold in bathroom. Old blanket very thin. Will not ever stay there again. Wow what a crappy place.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

I have never stated at a motel 6 before & I was a little frightened from what you hear from others. This hotel was updated, clean & had everything we needed for a football weekend. The beds were very comfortable & it was nice that we could pull our car right up to our door to unload. The only complaint is they only provide 2 towels per room but if u go to front desk, they provide more without an issue. I would definitely stay here again. Great price & great locations.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Just needed a place for my kitty and I to crash overnight. Staff was super friendly. Room smelled a little musty, and the vents could use a good cleaning, but she sheets were clean (though very well worn) as was the bathroom and tub. Easy drive up access too. All in all it's not great but it's quite serviceable for a nights rest.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2016

We had a four night reservation for Purdue Parents' Weekend so I expected at least one night to be higher than usual $50ish price since hotels were filling by the time I made this reservation. But our rate per night was about $80 a night and, for at least 2 of the nights (didn't check Friday), about $30 over the rate on the road sign outside for people coming from the interstate. To make it more frustrating, on check-in the desk guy implied our cost should be HIGHER because the reservation we made through the Motel6.com website came up on his screen as an AARP discount (and he hassled with us about this for awhile). Hotel never seemed close to full the four nights we stayed there, so this introduction to it annoyed me even more by the end of our stay.

No shampoo, no blowdryer, no lotion.... only one set of soaps for four nights. So suffice to say, sparse by most hotel standards, although did have a comfortable bed, working tv, microwave and a refrigerator.

Linens in room were an issue. Only bath towels and floor mat replaced after first two nights (by Sunday figured out that if not on floor, it wouldn't be replaced). After third night (Sunday to Monday) they forgot to clean the room at all! Got new towels from front desk. Monday to Tuesday was fine, but would have been nice to get a new soap once in four nights, our bars were pretty small by the time we left Tuesday morning.

We were on side away from frontage road, whole time guys upstairs hanging around balcony on cellphones upstairs, pacing the balcony---suspect some story there...

So, can't recommend this unless a last resort. Nothing about the experience ever felt scary though, just didn't feel good or worth the $80 a night we ended up paying.

Room Tip: Try other places first
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Lafayette, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

Susie,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize for any misunderstanding that may have occurred during your recent stay with regard to our rate policies and the inconveniences you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with the experience you describe we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.