“very good stay”

Garden Inn and Suites
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Kokomo
Reviewed 5 October 2014

Stayed there several times, and every time was a good experience. The staff was pleasant, helpful, and made me feel right at home. By now they even know my name when I walk in.
Front lobby was very clean and the entire place smelled good, including the hallways and rooms.
Each room has a microwave and fridge in it and other hotels charge extra for them.
having a coffee pot in the room was an added surprise. Great not to have to leave the room every morning for coffee.
Never saw any kind of a bug, but then we all get bugs at home, so what do people expect. Spiders, water bugs, ants, we all get them.
Hotel is close to several places to eat, all of which is within walking distance.
Always felt safe there. Never heard or saw anything to make me fell different. Plus the place is well lit.
Had no problems sleeping, very quiet. Probably quieter than most homes.
Just can't say enough good things about the Garden Inn. Will continue to stay there everytime I am in town.

Room Tip: Rooms downstairs are very quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JEAN W

Reviewed 10 September 2014

We stayed there a few years ago and it was fine, but apparently hasn't been touched since. Everything everyone has said here is true. I booked online so had been charged up front for the 4 days we were planning on staying for a family reunion or I would never have gone in the place. The hallway smelled like a male cat had used it as a litter box. Our room was at the end of the hall by an outside door but there was a sign on it that said not to use it. It was dark so we didn't see until morning the spider webs indicating it hadn't been opened in a long time. The pool was closed under renovation (-I read a review on here, sadly, AFTER we checked in! from over a year ago that said the pool was under renovation) We were charged $10 a night extra (UP FRONT) for having 3 people in the room. My brother chose to sleep on the floor at the home of our relatives rather than go back there and I couldn't get a refund even of that! One reason I choose to stay there was "Free in room WiFi" when I complained that it kept saying "connecting" the first night the attendant said it ATT does maintenance sometimes at night and it is down. It never worked the 2 days we were there. The toilet had to be flushed repeatedly. The "Bath towels" were about the size of a hand towel and you could see through them, I have seen better towels being used to dry dogs at the groomers. The second night my aunt sent some of her towels she was taking to Goodwill for us to have to take showers. My mother and I left after 2 nights and I slept on the floor at my uncles rather than stay another night.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank 170AmandaCarter
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Our experience started out with a hot, smelly lobby and an employee who handed us ashtrays and said that even though it's against the law it would be okay if we smoked in our rooms. Unprofessional to say the least. We were put in a room in the back part of the hotel even though the place looked half-way deserted. As our night went on I noticed cobwebs in the bathroom, a dirty bathtub, a mildew/mold covered shower curtain and counter top, the chair had stains and burn holes in it, and the room smelled awful. I was playing a card game with a friend and noticed a mouse take off across the room. Not long after, I pulled the sheets back and noticed a poorly made bed with no blanket and a disgusting sheet, a moldy boxspring, and not to my surprise a bug on the bed. We immediately went to the front desk and asked for a refund and said we did not feel comfortable staying at the hotel. The employee came to our room to see the bedbug for himself when I mentioned the mouse to him. He looked at me like I was an idiot and said that we'd be able to see if there was a mouse in the room and that the bedbug probably just flew in an open window or from the hallway. He took a moment to say a few more disrespectful remarks, looked around the room for a minute, then left. We packed up our things, left our stinky and hot room, and didn't get a refund because they require payment upfront and we used cash. The couple hours we spent in that hotel were absolutely horrible. Do not waste your money.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank leicht1992
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The outside of the building should have been our first clue that things were not kept up. The windows in the lobby and rooms were horrible. We opened the drapes and had cob webs in the window. The bathroom shower curtain was moldy. It was just an overnight stay so we weren't in the room more than 6 hours. Not impressed!

Room Tip: Remember you get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2014

The clue should have been no cars in the parking lot. This place was supposedly under renovation. I was here on business, and I completed the job early. The hotel had taken the payment when I checked in, which is not a normal policy. When I informed them I was leaving early, they said OK. I asked how to get the refund on the two rooms for the night and they said NO REFUNDS. No where on the paperwork did it state this, nor was it verbally stated on check in. This is a policy I will not fail to ask about again. The money they are getting certainly is not going into improving quality at this hotel. Lesson learned.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business