“Great Breakfast in a updated town!”
Review of Gabetta's - CLOSED

Gabetta's
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 27 January 2018

Wow - we need to venture away from Hwy 31 more often. We found this gem on trip advisor and so glad we did. They don't open till 8 am - if your an early Sat. riser. We were heading home from a trip and it worked for us! The service was great, prices were fair and the food was delicious. Something out of the ordinary if you get tired of chains. It's been awhile since we have seen fried bologna on a menu. Next time we might try it. My husband had the Sunrise burger and he said it was good, I had the basics egg, hash browns, bacon and toast. (only 1 piece of toast was odd) But didn't seem to use the liquid butter which is always a plus. It was a nice change and fun atmosphere.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Once again my wife and I found ourselves at the Farmer's Market in downtown Kokomo and thought we would try this restaurant again ... just to make sure we didn't give it to much "hoopla" when we visited there a couple of months ago. Wife had the eggs benedict ... I had the "Junk Plate" (with sausage and peppers). Wife rated hers a "very good" ... I rated mine a bit better than that. There was plenty on my plate ... but I managed to "take care of my business." Again ... service was well above average and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. I don't like paying for frills, knick-knack décor, or anything non-edible when I dine. If you give me the food ... and are nice about it when you take care of me ... make it fit my budget ... and I walk out of your restaurant as happy as I went in ... I can't complain. No place is perfect ... no matter how fancy it may be. Nice people ... working hard to do what they do. Tasty ... filling ... reasonably priced. Personally ... I can't ask for more than that. Regardless of the negative reviews which occur from time to time ... I say to the folks at Gabetta's ... "Please be patient ... stay the course. Some of us do appreciate you. And more importantly ... thanks."

Date of visit: October 2017
Audrea J, Guest Relations Manager at Gabetta's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Robert, thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at Gabettas. I am happy that you and your wife enjoyed your breakfasts. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 2 August 2017

Was shopping the Farmers Market in downtown Kokomo last Saturday morning (07/29/17) at about 10:00 am and ... knowing we would be eating an evening meal ... we decided we should have breakfast to hold us over until then. We were on our way up to the north side of town (heading for another place we had heard of but never been before) ... when my wife said "There's this little place in the old railroad station area where we could get some doughnuts." We parked the car and headed toward that little bakery ... when my wife said "This little place right here (Gabetta's) has breakfast ... how about trying it out." Surprise! Surprise! Nice breakfast menu selection with some interesting combinations ... but I am a "basic" kinda' guy ... and when I'm having breakfast at a place I have never been before ... "I play it safe". Both my wife and I ordered the biscuits and gravy (hers a half-order, mine a full order)... and I made my choice for two reasons. How badly can you mess up a dish like "good ole" B&G? Second ... with all the breakfasts I have had while traveling back and forth across this country ... I seem to be able to grasp a lot about a restaurant from how they make and serve this simple offering. Okay! Let's cut to the chase ! This little "no-nonsense" diner was half full of patrons ... but the service was very fast and spot on. Super generous amount of satisfying gravy ... which I enjoy immensely. Can't stand places (like that one place named after a "barrel" for instance) where you get just enough gravy coat your spoon. Just like sauce on my spaghetti ... I want GRAVY ... GRAVY ... GRAVY on my biscuits. The biscuits were perfect ... soft and warm ... you could tell they had not sat around all morning like in some restaurants. For a little fella' ... I am a "BIG" breakfast eater ( sometimes six eggs, a half-pound of bacon, and a few pieces of toast for example) ... but I just couldn't finish all my hash-browns! Our favorite question surfaced on the way back home. Would we eat there again? Breakfast for sure...for sure! I'm looking forward to trying lunch or dinner there sometime. Price? Very reasonable ! Service? Excellent ! Don't expect a violin serenade at your table or a coupon book for future discounts ... or any gimmicks. Just good solid food in a Mom and Pop place. Bingo !

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 22 February 2017

Love the junk plate! Great for Sunday brunch. A big plus is that it's right next to Gingerbread House bakery.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

I love eating at Gabetta's ! The food is great ! The atmosphere is warm and friendly and relaxing.
I highly recommend eating here. I moved to Oklahoma going on two years ago. Whenever I go back to Kokomo, IN to visit family, I always want to take one day while I'm there to eat at Gabetta's !

Date of visit: December 2016