“Nice Surprise”
Review of Choo Choo McGoo's

Choo Choo McGoo's
Ranked #18 of 172 Restaurants in Kokomo
Cuisines: American
Description: True locally owned&operated. Our kids, grandkids all work here. You will love the comfortable, home town atmosphere. Our menu is second to none. We serve everything from hand pattied burgers(12 specialty), hand breaded tenderloins. Our Onion Rings are famous, we served over 7 miles of them in 2016. We serve only UPPER 2/3 CHOICE Certified Black Angus Ribeye Steaks and Prime Rib each individually hand cut. Our Biscuits&Gravy for breakfast is the real deal, no mix, no powder, no cans here. Our restaurant is configured that we can seat multiple large parties if your looking for something for birthday or office parties. We cater and since we have a restaurant, our catered food is the same great quality we serve in the restaurant. Come see us, were the place with the large train out front the kids love to ring the bell on.
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We had never dined here before- we were on our way home from vacation, heard it on the radio and decided we thought the name sounded interesting let's try it. What a nice surprise! It's a small, friendly restaurant with great food. We had the all you can eat fish and my husband had shrimp and my mom had steak. We had an appetizer- the oil these items were fried in was very fresh. The only complaint was we asked to not be sad by the door since it was cold and rainy out and they sat us next to the other door!? lol

Date of visit: March 2017
David T, Public Relations Manager at Choo Choo McGoo's, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Thank you for your kind review. I do apologize about the seating they gave you. Hopefully, it was not so cold that you were uncomfortable. If your in town again, we would love to have you back. This time we will let you choose whatever seat you would like. lol. Have a safe trip and thanks again.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

Now here is an out of the way place! On our way from South Bend, we needed a none chain lunch break. Choo Choo's is the place!!! Seriously great food and wonderful service. And no rush... great people. I will be back!

Date of visit: November 2016
David T, Public Relations Manager at Choo Choo McGoo's, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Thank you for the review. We always appreciate our guests who take time out of thier busy schedule to do so. Be careful in your travels.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

As my wife says, it is always about the potatoes. We have not had better potatoes with onions and peppers anywhere. Her description of her over-easy eggs was "tender". They were not over-cooked to dryness, they were just delicious. My scrambled eggs are always just right; ham, bacon, whatever you have are also excellent. Good, not bitter, coffee. The OJ, unlike some places, tastes fresh and sweet. You can get fancier, but not better. From Florida, throughout the Midwest, and out through the Southwest to California, this is easily one of my top 5 breakfast places. They make you feel like you are part of the family.

Date of visit: November 2016
David T, Public Relations Manager at Choo Choo McGoo's, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2016

Dave, thank you for bringing in your "daughter". We look forward to seeing you again. Still cracks me up about the tender eggs.(no pun intended)

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

We went as a group of 6 with 2 teenaged boys, on a Saturday evening. There weren't many customers so we got a table immediately. It took a few minutes for a waitress to get to us for drink orders. Then there was a very long wait before she brought our drinks. My son said "how long can it take to fill 6 glasses with water?" I ordered decaf coffee, but had to remind the waitress to bring it to me 15 minutes later. When we ordered my son was told he would get free onion rings with the ribeye special of the night. But they didn't come with his meal. We had to ask twice about the onion rings. So our waitress yelled back to the cook, "you forgot to fix the onion rings again!" They were finally brought to the table halfway through the meal. One of our group asked for honey mustard dip, but was brought ranch dressing and told they were out of honey mustard. My coffee was never refilled. We had to ask for napkins.

But the food was very good. The two boys loved their burgers; the ribeyes were good; the chicken tenders were great; my grilled salmon with ginger sauce was excellent. And the carrot cake was wonderful (and a huge portion). So I may be willing to try this place again just for the food. But I surely wish they would get their act together.

Date of visit: October 2016

Mandy, I apologize about the service and promise were working in it. On your next visit please ask for either my wife or I and we will make sure you get 4 star treatment. I am happy to hear about our food quality. We use only Upper 2/3 Choice Black Angus Ribeye and I handcut every steak.Were the only restaurant in town that uses that designation of steak. Our burgers are fresh, never frozen and again think they are the best in town. Again were working on "getting the front of the house in order". Thanks for the input.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

They have the best Breakfast ever. #6 with Hash browns, Sausage Gravy bisquits and add whatever. The girls was the best. Good conversation and Veterans love it. I will be there on my next visit.

Date of visit: September 2016
David T, Public Relations Manager at Choo Choo McGoo's, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2016

John thank you for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again! Happy travels.

Been to Choo Choo McGoo's? Share your experiences!