“Excellent tenderloins! The best!”
Review of Artie's Tenderloin

Artie's Tenderloin
Ranked #32 of 167 Restaurants in Kokomo
Reviewed 24 September 2017

Fantastic family-owned small restaurant. A hard-to-find small town business. Locals know the best places to get a quick meal. They go to Artie's!

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Has diners go... not bad. Decent food typical Diner prices... little hole-in-the-wall that's worth the visit.

Reviewed 2 February 2017 via mobile

Great diner experience! I sat at the bar top, a front row experience watching your meal come together. Everyone was very nice, and food was classic diner. While your not going to see your tenderloin get pounded out in front of you, your still going to have a great sandwich!

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

10/6/2016@11:30am. Well, I'm not sure what to say, I had always heard that this place was "legendary" for its food...well, myself, my wife, daughter and a friend decided to finally give this place a try. I inquired about their famous tenderloins and I was informed that their lunch specials were actually better known than their tenderloins. With this in mind, I and my daughter decided to try the lunch special of a tenderloin manhatten. Well to say we were both a little disappointed would be an understatement. The food just seemed to be of low quality, along with canned corn. my wife ordered the lunch special of cod. The "cod" special consisted of two Gordons frozen fish sticks!!! Our friend ordered a BLT. The BLT was nothing special and was actually very skimpy on "fixins". If all of this wasn't bad enough, the service was just plain bad, my wife took a drink of her water and found scum floating on the water, she was disgusted and requested another water, that water was never received. To add insult to injury, we paid $26+ dollars for this greatness. $26 for VERY low quality food, frozen fish sticks and a very skimpy BLT. I'm not sure where, when, or how this place obtained "legendary" status but I can assure you it wasn't today. Let's not forget that this place is VERY small and very shabby. Maybe I should have just gotten the tenderloin sandwich.....geesh!!! Now, I will never know!!!

2  Thank macdevousa
Reviewed 12 September 2016

Until June of 2016, I hadn't been back to Artie's Tenderloin since around 1966. My dad and I used to go there all the time when I was a kid. The tenderloin sandwiches cost 15 cents......that's right.....15 cents.....and they were so big you could hardly see the plate. I decided on my last trip to Kokomo to stop in and see how much the decades had changed things. The only thing that was the same is the grease. Everything is covered with decades of grease. The place still smells like a grease pit. The tenderloin sandwiches however had changed a great deal. They were much smaller and the tenderloin was kept in the oil too long and that made the breading way too crunchy. And it was about 6 bucks! Now I understand that things and places change with the years. I should have just been content with my memories. What a disappointment.

3  Thank Beverly W

Been to Artie's Tenderloin? Share your experiences!