“Good (but with a Problem)”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #42 of 167 Restaurants in Kokomo
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 6 December 2017

At one time we drove thru Kokomo weekly and often planned meal times for the many restaurants on the main highway. Those days are gone, but again we found ourselves in the area at dinner time. Many places have closed with the highway bi-pass but the Red Lobster was still there, although a bit empty. Nice server, usual good food, reasonable bill which I paid, with my usual credit card, and here's the problem. My fault, I forgot the card in the bill folder thingy. 250 miles later when I went for it to buy gas I realized what I had done and called both the restaurant, and the card people. The manager (Tony or Anthony) said they could only release the card to me in person, with a photo ID, which is smart and right. Told him to shred it and forget it. The card people said this happens all the time and fedex'd me a new card, same number to save having to change the many things I have on auto-pay. End of story.. no! Today the good people at BankAmerica called to say they have a number of "strange" transactions on my account totaling over $600. and would I go over the last few times I used the card, which we did. Now I have a new number and have to watch things for a few days to see if any small things got past the block. Again, the nice card people said this happens all the time and not to "go off" on the restaurant, server or manager as it could have been anyone in the entire place. Lesson learned. I'm getting older and have done this a few times in the past but nearby so we can just pick up the card. The majority of restaurant people are hard working and honest, so to keep the honest people honest, it's up to me to keep the temptation out of their hands.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Excellent food with fast service. Servers very friendly, courteous and attentive for our party of four.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Great selections of fresh-tasting entrees! Try the surf 'n turf. Oh and those cheese biscuits! Love this place!

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I am not a Red Lobster fan, but agreed to go because my husband does like it. We were told the wait would be 35 minutes, although the lobby only had a few people in it. Then other people right after me were being told a 50-60 minute wait. There were empty tables in the bar area, and I am not sure about the family part. We asked to sit at the bar to avoid the 35 minute wait. The service at the bar was attentive...but they have to be!! A lady next to us was only served lettuce in her side salad. When she asked where the other veggies were (carrot and tomato), she was told that they didn't have anymore cut up. They were service a very large private party in the back and all the salad and accompaniments were with them! My food was ok...I always find it to be oilier than it needs to be, just not excellent. I had a trio. The salmon was good, the shrimp was tasteless. Of course, my husband loved his coconut shrimp. they started to open up some tables in the bar area as we were leaving...I would gather they did not have adequate staff to have them open, wish is crazy...it was dinner time! If they are going to entertain a large party, they still should be able to serve the other clients, by having adequate staffing to do both and to have available food items.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

the place is nice and good location. a little pricey and not the best service the wait is
sometimes long depending on the day the food is usually good and the people are
nice sometimes

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!