Snaps
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Snaps is amazing. Great food, especially the Buffalo tenderloin and fried pickles. I eat there at least once a month and am never disappointed. Great for groups or just a nice dinner or lunch out. Great selection of mixed drinks and beer as well.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Excellent food in a casual atmosphere. Very good beer and wine choices. Attentive service. Our 'go to' restaurant in Jasper.

Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

Awesome place, myself and 3 other people were in vacation and made a stop at snaps for some beers, the bartenders were awesome and down to earth. If we visit again, we will be returning. Even got shirts for souvenir!

1  Thank Courtney R
Reviewed 12 July 2016

Very standard menu of salads, burgers and wraps. I stopped in for lunch. Service was great and everything came out really quickly. I wasn't blown away by the veggie burger that I ordered, but it was above average, as were my sweet potato fries! Overall, this is not a bad place to stop in for a quick, cheap meal.

Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

Let me start by saying there is probably more character here than any other restaurant in Jasper. Great beer selection and truly amazing, unique food especially for this area. Service however is truly lacking. The head bartender is quite friendly and efficient, but the owners have no concept of guest service and it shows through how their servers have been trained.
Our waitress was too busy rubbing elbows with a local group to see us waiting with our empty pint glasses, so I got up to order a drink directly from the bar. As I passed I noticed another server telling a SEATED guest with food already in front of them that they would have to move them to another table in order to make room for a larger group waiting at the front. The man and I shared the same puzzled look as he didn't seem to be given an option in the matter, despite the fact he was in the middle of his dinner. I was seated near the kitchen and got to hear the server telling the owner (texting on his phone in full view of our empty glasses the whole time) what he'd done and a reply of "Well you had to make an executive decision."
Our food came out timely, despite how busy they were and was excellent. Not that the server would have known either way, because she never checked, as her and the owner were very busy schmoozing the local factory manager and his cohorts.
Compared to these guest, I felt completely unwelcomed. The level of service they received in comparison to us was night & day and almost comically so, as the waitstaff bent at every whim for the local bigshot and we were looked at with a very mild annoyance when we asked for a 2 go order of alligator tail after we had finished dinner.
That being said, probably a great place if you keep a pub mentality and just sit at the bar to drink and eat. I wouldn't bring my family or date here. It's a really nice place, but with the typical small town mentality you'd expect for Nowhere Indiana.

4  Thank Gumballhead55