“Unplanned surprise”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 July 2017

We had not planned where we would have lunch while in Jasper, and our choice of the Mill Restaurant was perfect. The pecan chicken salad with the orange honey dressing was a delight in every bite. My husband's pork sandwich was huge and paired with waffle fries. Fast, friendly service.

KimA2006, Owner at Mill House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Thank you so much for the visit and review Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

I had just missed the lunch buffet by 15 minutes, however, the catfish sandwich was huge and more than I could eat. Really, I don't believe I have ever had a fish sandwich that big. This comes with a side. I chose the red mashed potatoes with gravy. This was literally twice the size of the portions I am used to getting. Oh, the food was tasty also. I washed this down with a sampling of their craft beer. 5 four ounce samples for $7. That 20 ounces of beer plus food. I did not have to eat supper that night after this big of a lunch.

KimA2006, Owner at Mill House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2017

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

The entire experience was phenomenal! Our waitress Melissa was so friendly & personable, she went through the menu options with us. The food was so good, the entire table raved about their meal choices & we even loved the soup & salad bar options (white chili - they opted for a 2nd round it was so good). The prices were better than you'd expect given the amount of food & items that came with your entree. We were just passing through but we will definitely make the Mill House a stop over every time we drive through Jasper..... love, love, loved it!

Thanks for coming to see us and for the very nice review. Melissa is great

Reviewed 28 June 2017

So I got the grilled chicken from the gluten free choice. It was very good. The side choices were very good. My son got the fried catfish. It was a nice piece of fish and he enjoyed it. My daughter got a huge hamburger with very crunchy fries. My husband got the pecan chicken. He said it was really good but too sweet and it hurt his stomach later that night. Expect the chicken drenched in syrup. If you don't want that much you better ask for less or see if it can go on the side??? It was our first time so we did not know what pecan chicken looked like. Now we know. It is fun to try new things. The beer was extra cold and the kids had their drinks filled very fast. It is a bit pricey but the service was excellent and the food was fresh, hot and delicious.

I will mention the sauce to our kitchen staff and as you kind of hit on, could be a preference thing. Thanks for the review. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

After writing a less than wonderful review for the Millhouse a few weeks ago I felt it only right that I give them another chance, especially after they sent me a $30 gift card in response to my review. Our food this time was amazing and definitely the quality that we expect from the Millhouse. Everything was fresh and what should've been cold was cold and what should've been hot was hot. The service was great and we couldn't have been more pleased. I'm so glad that this restaurant is that conscientious of its patrons and always strive to make things right. We will return again and again.

KimA2006, Owner at Mill House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you so much for giving us another chance :) We appreciate you coming back in and we appreciate the nice review. We look forward to seeing you again soon :)