Breakout Games - Indianapolis (Castleton)
Open today: 09:00 - 23:00
Review Highlights
Good time, not the best

We've been to several of these and played multiple rooms and this place is fun for sure. Price... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jm970
indianapolis
via mobile
Great Fall Break

We took our two kids 15 and 10 to try the Island Escape. It was our first time ever trying an... read more

Reviewed 15 October 2018
Casey T
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Indianapolis
from US$63.00
from US$32.49
from US$27.99
More Info
All reviews casino royale island escape game master a lot of fun fun experience team building exercise great fun amazing experience birthday party fun night escape room kidnapping puzzles heist blast challenges mystery
Reviewed 5 April 2018

A group of 8 of us went to the Breakout room with only 2 of us ever having experienced one before. We had a great time in a very challenging room and made it out with less than 3 minutes left. Great and helpful staff (but only when we really needed it!) we would absolutely go again!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Jason T, Owner at Breakout Games - Indianapolis (Castleton), responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Congrats on breaking out! We are so excited that you all had a great time and enjoyed the challenge of the room. We look forward to having you all back. Thanks for such a positive review.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Breakout was very professional. The escape room we did had an interesting storyline, and it was actually challenging! Nathan was a lot of fun, too!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Thank you for such a kind review. We are so glad that you found the room to be interesting and challenging. It is great to hear that you had a lot of fun with Nathan as your Game Master. We hope you can return to try out another room.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My group broke out of Hostage! It was well laid out. Not too easy or too difficult. The staff was great!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Congratulations on breaking out of Hostage! We are so glad that you found the room to be well laid out and the right level of difficulty. It is awesome to hear the staff was great. We hope you can come back to try out another room. Thank you for the review.

Reviewed 4 March 2018

We had done an escape room before - but this was our first visit to Breakout Games in Castleton -

HINTS:

You may need a GPS to find this address - it is near Twin Peaks restaurant north of 82nd Street in Castleton - but it is tucked back in kind of a run down industrial park area - keep going - remember - the front door faces I-69 directly - if you don't see I-69 - keep going - you will park looking right at the interstate adjacent.

- If you have teenagers you cannot get to talk to you any longer - take them to Breakout Games - my 16 year old son was more jazzed then I had seen him in several weeks - full of comments and laughs... almost like when I took him to see Dora the Explorer when he was two - but MUCH more fun for me!

I would recommend a group of 4-6 play together - we played just the two of us and that was very tough - a couple more minds and sets of hands would have helped a lot - 8 in a room would be crowded though..

The rooms a Breakout Games are not separated into "easy-intermediate-advanced" - there is a lot of flexibility to the rooms, and the room monitor/facilitator will give more or less clues as you request - helping to adjust the room to the skill level of the players - our room facilitator was "Loly" - and she did a GREAT job - sometimes when we asked for clues - she just said "you guys are on the right track" - helping to properly focus our efforts..

If you have not done escape/breakout before - this is a great place to start -
if you are an escape room junkie - this place will challenge you...

special kudos to the artist and design team who did the Haunted Mansion rooms, the props, clues and sound effects were super creeepy - I had a couple of "jump scares" - just what we were hoping for!

Date of experience: March 2018
Jason T, Owner at Breakout Games - Indianapolis (Castleton), responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for deciding to try out the Breakout Games! We are so glad you found the room to be fun and challenging. It is great to hear that your son also enjoyed the room and that you enjoyed having Loly as your Game Master. We hope you all will return to try out another room. Also thank you for all the tips and feedback from your experience.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

I have been involved with escape rooms for the past two years, but have never had the opportunity to play at this location. Earlier this week I had the chance to experience two games with my castmates: Mystery Manor and Kidnapping.

Kidnapping was our first adventure. Our advisor Charity made everything clear to us as we entered our room blindfolded. I won't reveal too much of the room, but would like to compliment the puzzles and difficulty of this style. I felt it worked well with our team and we managed to escape with time still on the board.

Mystery Manor was next on our plate. Sara was our eye in the sky this round. There was more space to explore in this situation, which was better for our larger party, but also more distractions. The puzzles were more difficult for me. (which caused a little frustration) With our combined efforts we managed to escape in the nick the time.

I will say I am curious about the Volcano and Do not Disturb. So maybe next round :)

Date of experience: February 2018
Jason T, Owner at Breakout Games - Indianapolis (Castleton), responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Thank you for your review! It sounds like you are very experienced with Escape Rooms. Congratulations on breaking out of both rooms, that is difficult! We are so happy you liked the puzzles and the difficulty of the rooms. Mystery Mansion definitely has some difficult puzzles, so nice job on solving them!
We look forward to having you come back! The Island Escape and Do Not Disturb rooms are pretty cool. Thanks for trying out the Breakout Games, so glad you had a positive experience with us.