“Classy place, great food, excellent servers”
Review of The Capital Grille

The Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 2,611 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$60 - US$80
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown Indianapolis
Cross street: Illinois
Description: You are cordially invited to join us to experience relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business meeting, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our team has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located adjacent to The Conrad Hotel.
Reviewed 4 October 2018

If you are in Indy, strongly suggest you consider at least one meal at the Capital Grille. Their location on Washington Street very near the middle of town makes them central and easy to find. Great parking all around; suggest parking across the street in the Shopping Mall parking area below ground; easy to find and not too expensive.
The food at The Grille is really quite special. The dinner menu is balanced with both meat and seafood, all prepared quite well. We were with a larger group and we all had the field greens salad, a choice of roasted chicken, salmon, or the filet mignon, all excellent. And finally for the main course, the grilled asparagrus was superb.
While we had a choice for desert, the creme brûlée was outstanding.
With great food, a fine location, and excellent service, suggest you give 'em a try.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

we eat breakfast before a colts game. Always a wonderful experience. Food and service is top tier. Sometimes you see Colts personnel ome in as well. added bonus.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

They made my birthday so special. The steak was the best I've ever tasted!! Seriously. One of my favorites places to eat!

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Decided to have a nice breakfast for my bday. I was already going up to the spa at Evantodd so I figured I’d get there earlier and just relax. I love eggs Benedict and so I got that and coffee to start. Well I wanted to get a mimosa towards the end but my server never came back to ask how I was doing. When he did finally return it was with my bill. And it wasn’t because he was busy. It was pretty empty, I was disappointed to say the least at how I was treated in this top rated restaurant.
I didn’t say anything so I just paid and left. I then ordered my mimosa through the Conrad’s in-room service and Josh was great! It was a bit more but at least he asked if one was enough, yes more than enough and he was pleasant.
Now I know where not to go.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Great food. I know it’s a steak place but the scallops were amazing! Have also had steak here - excellent.

Decor is cozy and very nice.