“lovely house, well treated, great breakfast”
Review of Stone Soup Inn

Stone Soup Inn
Ranked #11 of 18 Indianapolis B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“lovely house, well treated, great breakfast”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We only stayed for one night here but it was lovely. The house is beautifully decorated and maintained in true heritage style. Our room was the Craftsman room which we liked very much. Bathroom across the hall but robes were provided, as were bath salts. The bed was amazing and the linens sublime!! Very quite house with everything you need close at hand. A guest kitchen is upstairs complete with snacks and soda in the fridge (what a great idea!!) and although breakfast the day we were there was continental, the array of cereals, breads, fruit salad, meat and cheese went on and on. Well done and a lovely stay.

The only weakness I saw here was directions, or lack there of. We were coming south into Indianapolis on 65 and phoned to get directions. The long "ummmmm" told me there was going to be issues. As she hesitatingly spoke the directions on the phone, I repeated them line for line and my partner wrote it down. The streets she told us to turn left at, were one ways the wrong way and she put us on the wrong side of the freeway. Luckily we had a GPS which we dragged out and it took us there. There should be a standard "easy" few turns from the interstate written down or taught to the staff.

Still all in all a lovely stay

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lockport, Illinois
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I just booked with Stone Soup Inn. I talked with the owner and had a few special needs. she was most gracious and accommodated each of them. I have heard it said to customer service reps that they should smile while talking to the customer and that the customer would hear it. I truly heard the owner's smile over the phone. This was much appreciated. :)

Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 20 February 2011

The house was beautiful and my room was adequate. I had the smallest room which was at the top of the house. It was very cozy. My room had a full kitchen as it was most likely an apartment at one time. The single bed had some dank sheets on it. They were clean but seemed very old. My welcome was luke warm. It seemed as though I was bothering the him. (The husband). It was obvious he was going to spend as little time with me as possible. I cant say I was neglected but I didn't get 100% attention. The innkeepers are a husband and wife team. The wife on the hand was very attentive at breakfast. The breakfast was very good. The room and dining table were elegantly set. All in All I would recommend.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ScottSandler
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 20 January 2011

This was my first stay at a B&B and my first trip to Indy. I feel lucky to have chosen the Stone Soup Inn! My partner and I enjoyed the quaint accommodations of the NE Loft. We were surprised that the room had a full kitchen! I wish we could have stayed longer and put it to use. I enjoyed the complimentary wifi. The full breakfast was delicious! I could not have asked for more. This B&B made our weekend relaxing and helped slow down time a bit. I hope to try a different room here on our next trip to Indy!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DrJenski
U.S.
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We found this place using our GPS as we drove into town, looking for a place near some friends' house. What a discovery! The Inn is close to downtown, a lovely old home with a shady, landscaped yard with water feature and a wraparound front porch and balcony with comfy seating. Our room was large and comfortable and nicely appointed and common areas were spacious and elegant. The "continental" breakfast (full chef breakfast on weekends) was as complete as a full breakfast - cereal, fruit, muffins, toast or bagel with cream cheese, butter or jelly, sliced cheese and cold cuts, hard boiled eggs, milk, juice, coffee. All served in a lovely dining room. The total including taxes and breakfast was under $100. Beats a chain hotel off the interstate any day.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple