All reviews mass ave biscotti b bs coffee shop next door next morning clawfoot tub common space cold beverages within walking distance private bathroom perfect retreat entire house national center incredible stay sitting area daughter's wedding parking pass
Reviewed 2 June 2011

Spent one night at this lovely B&B just off Massachusetts Ave with my Mother. Mom says Mass. Ave. used to be someplace you didn't want to be at night, but no more! The room & common areas are beautiful & proprietor friendly & helpful - he recommended Agio Italian restaurant that is just around the corner - food & service was excellent. The room & home were very quiet even though they had other guests. Parking was on the street, but we never had a problem finding a space. Breakfast was good, but nothing special. I would stay again when in Indy.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank southwestgirl_8
Reviewed 19 April 2011

I was grateful to find such a nice place to stay during my week in Indianapolis. The room was lovely, and the breakfasts sublime. It is also in a very convenient location. I was traveling with a close friend and her adult son came to stay a few nights with us in the two room suite.

Unfortunately, I suspect the innkeepers considered us to be a "class" below them, and they let us know in just so many words. It didn't help that we bought food at the grocery store and used the refrigerator to store leftovers and salads (on a budget--couldn't afford eating out every night for a full week.) It also didn't help that my friend and I are smokers--we never smoked in their building, but we did use the ashtrays provided outside. It almost seemed as if they didn't want my money. I just shrugged it off, but my friend was mortified by some of the things that we were told at times (something subtly yet blatantly derogatory and daily.)

Maybe we took their words wrong, but I doubt it. They are plenty busy without clients that use the common fridge or smoke outside on the patio.... and they let us know. I might stay there again because I have a thick skin, but I wouldn't recommend it for people with small children, smokers, or with skin that is anything far from white. These categories just don't seem to fit with their sensibilities.

In closing, perhaps this review will help them increase the type of guests they desire, as it forewarns those with "undesireable" characteristics to perhaps reconsider booking there. Nobody is perfect, but you couldn't tell that to the hosts. High expectations are not unreasonable to have as a parent or teacher, but not if you are trying to cultivate the title of gracious host and hostess. Warmth and friendliness were generally lacking. Perhaps they were having a bad week. I suspect they are like that all the time... having a lot of strangers stay at your home can be emotionally overwhelming, and perhaps they've shut down a bit in that department as part of their survival mechanism. Who knows?

Overall, I had a great visit to Indianapolis. I probably wouldn't have fitted in anywhere else any better... unless I was camping out. So there you have it...

BTW: They need to get a new airport for wireless connectivity. It consistently went down.

Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Atka_girl
Reviewed 3 April 2011

We had a beautiful suite. Our huge claw foot tub was wonderful for me, and the others used the separate shower. I almost always rank sleep quality a 4, because I'm a light sleeper. That's just me. Of course, you can sometimes hear other people in the building, and, since you're in town, some street noises. It's not really bad, though. You couldn't ask for more helpful hosts--whether it was information for museums, sports, restaurants, etc. or something they could get for your room. One thing that I don't think I've had in a B&B before, is a phone line just for our room. Even though most people have cell phones now, that doesn't mean everyone does. I loved having the shared kitchenette. We could come back to the room at night and have popcorn. With the stocked frig, we didn't have to drag the cooler in and out every day. I just put the freezer packs in the little freezer compartment. We often go to the Murat theatre, and you can see it from there. It's just a couple of blocks away. We'll definitely recommend Nestle Inn, and will probably be back.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I recently stayed at the Nestle Inn and was delighted with my good fortune.

Having stayed in Indy before for FDIC, I had a relatively good feel for the city and distances to and from the convention center. When I couldn't find any place that I considered reasonable pricewise, I decided to go the B&B route and see what popped up. To my good fortune, the Nestle Inn landed on my radar and the rest is history.
Massachusetts Avenue is right behind the Inn and had several places that were great for dinner; plenty of cool little shops that I didn't get a chance to visit and super close to the Firemens Union Hall which hosted one of the events I attended.
Downtown is certainly within walking distance; if you have been on your feet all day, it's worth the $6 to ride to the inn.

The hosts could not have been anymore gracious and breakfast each morning was plentiful to the extent of taking part of it for lunch.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2011

This was a wonderful place to find in Indianapolis.. The owners advised me on wonderful restaurants, shopping and the public library - all within walking distance. Their hospitality is unmatched - Upon return to Indy - this is the place I will stay... they have set the bar now !!
The breakfast was wonderful, served so elegantly. This house they restored to a B & B is just beautiful. When speaking of the restoration, you can see the pride and glow in their faces. They were meant to run a B & B, such wonderful people, the Tegardens are !!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo