“Warm welcome and great food”

Tinker Street Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tinker Street Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 2,611 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Bar
Description: Enjoy fresh, full-flavored foods in a cozy urban cottage on 16th Street. Plant-based, vegetarian, gluten-free and vegan options abound, as do meals meant for carnivores. International wine selection emphasizes high-quality and surprising finds at fair prices. Craft beer available. Please note that we serve diners who are 21 and up.
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

I dined alone but was greeted with the warmest welcome and the servers were most attentive.
I ordered from the Tinker Tuesday menu which offered 3 courses for $33.
I had the Decker Melon to start which was a taste explosion of awesome flavours and contained Chef's own grown basil. I followed this with the Tinker Street burger. All I can say here is Divine. For desert I was intrigued by the Goat cheese cake and was pleasantly surprised by the infusion of flavours so beautifully crafted and presented. Chef Braedon Kellner served me the dishes himself and he even gave time to briefly talk to me about some of the ingredients which were giving such wonderful flavours.
The lovely lady who took my order, Liz, was friendly, attentive and pre-empted my needs without being obviously present.
I think the younger staff could learn a lot from her as this one poor chap just kept circling my table.
I would highly recommend eating here and am planning to return soon myself.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

My great Neice’s wedding reception was held there & it was lovely. The set up was very nice, the food and service were good, & we all had a wonderful time. My neice, as the mother of the bride, was extremely pleased.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Enjoyed the outside dining. Menu descriptions of the dishes were accurate, interesting preparations, tuna appetizer, beet salad and sirloin entree very good. Prices a little high for serving sizes, although they were adequate. Service was conscientious, but slow. Enjoyable and will return, but no longer on our "A" list!

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

The meal was fine. Not amazing. Not sensational. The menu has meal options on one side and wines on the other. But beers available were not listed. Waiter bright a small glass of champagne which was nice. The melon appetizer was very nice, and the main course of shrimp and grits were great.
Parking is available but you may need to walk a bit to/from your car to the restaurant.

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

We visited with family for dinner. The menu is creative and interesting. Some of the dishes seem better than others. The heirloom tomatoes were in season and wonderful. The tater totes with caviar not so much. Not much flavor. I had pork tenderloin and that was good . My wife had shrimp and grits that was as good. We would try again but sometimes it seems that try to hard.