“Go in empty, leave full”
Review of HopCat

HopCat
Ranked #82 of 2,611 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Plenty of local beers as well as the standards. The stuffed burgers are immense in every way & I tried the fully loaded crack fries. They are really good. You get so much on the plate and I was defeated and left about a kilo heavier but it was worth it. Probably didn’t help we had the spinach, artichoke and stout dip too...you can’t help but keep dipping.

Good place in the Broad Ripple area.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped in on our recent trip. Cool atmosphere, vast beer selection, delicious burgers and the best fries! Highly recommend.

Reviewed 20 July 2018

My family and I ate here for dinner while visiting family and friends in Indianapolis. My wife and I grew up in the Indianapolis area but haven't been to Broadripple since about four or five years ago. It's really changed, but in a good way. The parking garage is connected to this restaurant which is very nice and it's very close to all the the stores and places to go and see in the area (within easy walking distance). We came here for dinner and I was very, very happy with the whole experience. The decor of this place is very hip, modern and the velvet paintings of many of the Rock and Roll greats was awesome!!! I loved the music they were playing and the whole vibe of the place. I had one of their burgers and it was great. I would call it a gourmet burger experience. I also had one of their beer flights where I got to try a few local craft beers that I've never had before. they were all very good. I just recently retired from the military and lived in Germany for six years (so I know my beer). I was very happy. The burger was fabulous. The beer was wonderful. Lastly, I upgraded my fries to the Poutine Fries. They were a meal in themselves. They were very good and I highly recommend them. Heck you could easily have the fries as a meal, or you could have a great burger and beer and bring the fries home for a late night snack. They do reheat just fine (I know because we brought some home and our teenage son did just that). Would I recommend this place. Definitely. I live in Florida, but plan to come back whenever I'm back in town again. It was very, very good; and I left full and very happy. It was a great experience all the way around.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

The only for a 4 Star and not 5 is because my nephew’s order was incorrect but it was corrected pretty quickly and there were a couple other small missing items like condiments. Again, quickly resolved. With that said, this is a nice spot...great options and most things are made in house. Our server was very knowledgeable of the menu, efficient and recommended a great IPA. So now for the “crack fries” I will probably order crack fries and beer on my next visit...LOL! Will definitely revisit HopCat.

Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

We’ve been to HopCats around the country. This one reminded us of Detroit because of the central bar and taps. As usual the food was fantastic, the drinks were amazing and on the night we were there they had the Kentucky breakfast stout inaugural tapping which was de-lic-ous. They were only serving it in mini snifters and we needed a ticket to get It because it was opening day. I don’t care if it was just marketing or what; i really didn’t care. It did create an excitement and otherwise I may not have tried it. I loved it. My only negative about it is that it comes in a mini snifter which is way not enough!

The biggest surprise about this visit to the broad ripple/Indianapolis hopcat is that they had something on the menu that we’ve never seen before in any of the 11 other HopCat that we visited; they had something called a pork tenderloin sandwich??? Well the waitress was very helpful when she explained that initially hopcat was gonna have the same menu as most of the other hopcats but everyone in Indianapolis said you can’t have a restaurant that doesn’t have pork tenderloin. So hopcat develop this item just for the Indianapolis store. Well my husband got it and we both loved it. We hope to see expand to other of the hubcaps for tickly the ones that we break with the most (Lincoln and Detroit).

I got something different this time, the chopped salad with a turkey burger. They chopped the turkey burger too. On my my. So good. But so freaking much food!!! The salad is enough for two people but yes I ate the whole thing.

This place is a bit of a drive out from Indianapolis. It’s in the broad ripple area which is a fun funky area to visit outside of downtown. What struck us most was that this hopcat was clearly a place for the nearby neighbors to go out to dinner. I’ve never seen so many kids in a hopcat. Not a complaint. Just noting that it seems to be a big hit with locals particularly families for dinner.

In short, A+. High recommend but I didn’t note any outside seating so not sure there is any. Also on the downside is isn’t NOT close to downtown. It’s about a 15 minute uber ride.

1  Thank C001