All reviews industrial area methodist hospital cappuccino machine room was clean choice hotels yogurt short drive indianapolis motor speedway biscuits and gravy room service one night stay would stay here again children's museum hot breakfast free breakfast upon check fridge and microwave
Reviewed 17 November 2014

Checked in after making an online reservation - wrong room (1 king was given to us) and a 2 Queen bed room was needed as we had 4 people. Had to speak to a manager as the front desk personnel said we would have to find a different hotel as they had no other options for us. Needed to check out on day 2 of 3 day stay due to our dog dying at home at the boarding facility. They charged us for day 3 even with 24 hours notice given. The front desk personnel, Michael, said that should be no problem, the manager Catherine would take care of it in the morning. Once we spoke to Catherine she said "No the online reservation wouldn't allow check out on day 2 of 3". Breakfast breads in the warmer were cold, juice was so concentrated it had to be cut with water. Waffle mix was so watered down it wouldn't cook properly. They did not replenish food as it ran out during breakfast hours. We could also hear the room conversations word for word on either side of us - paper thin walls. I would never stay at this hotel knowing all the difficulties we experienced. Also, DO NOT book online as the reservation stipulations are not disclosed and we received them on a need to know basis through the hotel.

Room tip: Stay at another hotel!
Date of stay: November 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
sazer2014, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites And Conference Center Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2015

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your stay's experience at Sleep Inn & Suites and Conference Center. It is always encouraging to hear from guests who were pleased with the service that they received during their stay with us. We all here at Sleep Inn are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again in the very near future.
May I take this opportunity to wish you and yours a very Happy 2015 .
B. wishes,

Sleep Inn & Suites and Conference Center, Indianapolis
(T) 317-653-1854
(F) 317-653-1855
manager@sleepinnindy.com

Reviewed 13 November 2014

I am writing this review after a rather unpleasant experience at Sleep Inn & Suites and Conference Center which was greatly mitigated by the staff of the hotel. Unfortunately on the first night of our stay a group had booked the room next door for a Birthday Party. When we came back to the hotel somewhere around 10:00 pm the group holding the party next door was in the hall as well as their room. They were loud but we were planning to watch a football game for a while so the noise didn't really bother us at that point. We figured the party would wind down by midnight or so. With the football game over, we went to bed about midnight. The noise, however, continued. It seemed as though the party participants were all trying to shout over each other and they were in the hall as well as the room. At about 12:30 am we notified the front desk of the problem. The gentlemen at the front desk asked the group to get quiet. The partiers, however, continued their noise. We called again and I heard him yelling at the group about the noise. When we contacted him a third time, he offered to give us another room. So at 1:00 am we ended up changing rooms.
The next day I talked to the manager on duty. She told us that there would be no charge for Friday and that we could move back to our original room if we wished. We declined the offer since we were leaving the next day and It didn't seem worth the effort.
Now to the hotel -- we started in the King Bed Efficiency Suite. The room was well decorated with a HUGE bathroom. The mattress was extremely comfortable. Those planning to stay should note that there is no elevator to this room. Two of the hotel employees graciously helped us take our luggage to the room when we checked in. (The desk clerk volunteered to help with the luggage when we changed rooms but I said "no" because I felt he should probably stay at the front desk.) All in all this was an excellent room. The conventional room to which we moved after the problems was also nice and comfortable and again the mattress was excellent.
Everyone I met at the hotel was wonderful and all were apologetic about our experience and all were wonderful to deal with. I think the hotel is relatively new and I believe this was the first experience with this situation and I believe they now have a better idea how to react in such a situation.
Would I stay here again --- YES - I believe I ran into an unusual experience that could have happened anywhere. I'm sure the hotel will have a better idea how to react as such a situation happens next. time.

Date of stay: November 2014
2  Thank traveler460
Reviewed 3 November 2014

This hotel has not been open long and still has that new hotel smell. Check in was easy and the staff pleasant. Delicious complimentary cupcakes on the counter. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, the shower very good. I especially enjoyed the breakfast. It was good quality but more to the point there was adequate seating. This may be because of its conference center status. Too many places have small dining areas and limited seating. The only issue is that one of our party remembered something left in her room after turning in her card key. It was like going through airport security to get back into the room to retrieve the item. I appreciate their efforts to maintain a secure environment but at the same time it can be frustrating. However I would go back for another stay in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
sazer2014, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites And Conference Center Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2014

Thank you very much for your recent stay at the Sleep Inn & Conference Center, Indianapolis and for your posittive review . We are very glad that you had a nice stay with us . We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. thank you for your understanding concerning the security issue . Your survey responses will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hoping to see you again, the next time you are in Indy.

Sleep Inn & Suites and Conference Center
(T) 317-653-1854 (F) 317-653=1855
manager@sleepinnindy.com

Reviewed 21 October 2014

Stayed here 1 night. Right price, fantastic place, very clean....Lobby was huge. Just minutes from downtown. We were impressed.
The pool was really cold but that was the only negative. We will be back.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
sazer2014, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites And Conference Center Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2014

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Sleep Inn and Suites and Conference Center, Indianapolis . We are very pleased to learn that you had a fantastic stay with us. It is always encouraging to hear from guests who were pleased with the service that they received during their stay with us.

We thank you again sharing you experience and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Sleep Inn & Suites and Conference Center
(T) 317-653-1854
(F) 317-653-1855

Reviewed 18 October 2014

The Sleep Inn is a newer hotel near downtown Indy. It is just far enough from things not to be within walking distance. It is a really good location if you are visiting someone at IUPUI or the hospital complex. Only problem with the hotel i had was with the cleaning staff. I had the do not disturbed sign out and they still nocked to clean. It was 9:00 a.m. and checkout was 11 so i dont know why they were there. All and all i would stay here again if iwas doing stuff downtown but probably would stay somewhere else just because of the location

Date of stay: October 2014