“Quick one night stay - close to my downtown meeting location”

Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist
Ranked #76 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I needed a place close to my meeting near downtown Indy and didn't want to spend an excessive amount. This property was the best price i could find. I've never stayed at a Candlewood before. The stay was pleasant with plenty of room. The bedroom was large and the bed comfortable. The one "surprise" was no hot breakfast. I guess I should have been more attentive about amenities. In all, I really have no complaints.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Tracy H,

Thank you very much for your recent patronage and providing some feedback for other guests. I am sorry to hear of your disappointment regarding breakfast. I can certainly understand that given the predominant number of brands that offer a complimentary breakfast, that ours would follow suit. Unfortunately, the Candlewood Suites branding does differ in this respect by not providing a breakfast. I am pleased that despite this inconvenience you had a positive experience.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

This candlewood fully met our expectations, well run hotel, spatious rooms, clean, helpful staff, calm area, very comfortable beds, nice littel shop in hotel.
And on the downside: nothing I can think of!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

franzsalzburg,

The entire staff of the Candlewood Suites would like to express our gratitude for the choosing of our location for your accommodation needs. I am very pleased that we exceeded your expectations and you had an enjoyable experience. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

This place is GROSS
I travel frequently and have to give an honest opinion...
I am here to bury my father and stayed here ONLY because the rest of the family was here...i was actually booked at another Candlewood suites but moved here to be close to them.
First nightmare $100 increase and they would honor the rate I had at the other hotel or allow me to use my govt rate.
Second, I am a rewards member...no option of any perks...not even name recognition.
Third...Separated from rest of.family...i was put on floor 2, the rest on floors 4 or 5..the goal was to be close...
Did i mention the $100 price difference??

Last, but most important..The room was RANK!!! horrible smell, Stains, worn furniture..disgusting...
Stuck in this nightmare on the night before the final goodbye
Just can't say anything positive

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Adrienne B,

I would first like to offer my condolences for the loss of your father. I regret that in addition to this loss, was compounded with a negative experience with us. Unfortunately, given one of Indianapolis' largest conventions going on over your recent stay, rates in the immediate area were elevated. For this reason, government rates were not being accepted, hence the rate differential. Given your previous location, they would not have seen the demand for this event and would have been able to extend a lower rate to you, or offer a government discount. You should have at least been acknowledged as an IHG member upon arrival by our staff. Unfortunately, due to the last-minute booking change from your previous location, and the hotel's Sold Out status, we were unable to secure your accommodations near other family members. We are presently undergoing a renovation of the facility, and do have to admit that some pieces of furniture, despite continuing replacement, are showing some wear. Your room was inspected and could find no odor for which was mentioned. Being an extended-stay facility, many persons do cook in the guest room kitchenettes, which could produce odors objectionable to other guests. Again, I am very sorry for your recent experience.

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights in a suite as big as our daughters house in the UK. The free shuttle service into town was fantastic and very flexible in terms of drop off points. The staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Compared to downtown hotel prices, the rates here offered great value for money. If you like walking, downtown is within reach but probably not in your best evening wear. I've been traveling to Indianapolis from the UK for 20 years and had never thought to try this place. Will definitely come back again when next visiting wife's family.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

shakystart,

Thank you very much for the recent patronage and the positive feedback provided. I have recently been responding to other reviewers echoing the same sentiment in regards to their surprise at our room sizes. We boast some of the largest room footprints in the Indianapolis area, ranging from 500-900 sq ft, which can rival some first-time homes/apartments. The hotel shuttle can be a huge asset for those who prefer not to either pay for downtown parking, or the hassle of traffic. While we are within the immediate Indianapolis area, we are about 2.5 miles from the city's circle. Persons could walk to respective downtown destinations; however as noted, may not be suggested. I'm glad to hear that we won you over as a future customer. Looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

The front desk clerks were pleasant. Loved the layout of the suite, spacious and comfortable. Felt like a mini apartment, home-away-from-home.The kitchen was well equipped. I was bitten by an unknown bug while sitting on the sofa (perhaps a mosquito) but the bites looked similar to bed bug bites. I had no issues with bug bites while i slept. I should have brought it to the attention of the front desk but did not. The location is a bit isolated but not too out of the way. There was enough parking but if you returned late in the evening/night, you had a long walk back to the building. I would not be opposed to staying here again.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot and the apartment complex directly across from the building. Didn'...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Gabriella M,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and providing some feedback from the recent visit. I am sorry to hear about the bug bite while in the guest room. If you could reach out to me with the room you occupied, could check our inspection records by pest control company. Rooms are treated quarterly as a preventive maintenance for insects, spiders, etc... Floors 1-4 have windows which open, that can sometimes allow entrance of these insects as well. I am pleased to hear that despite this, you would stay with us again.