All reviews full kitchen free shuttle shuttle service front desk an extended stay hotel mini store spacious rooms nice kitchen great room night stay home away from home hot breakfast business trip convention center iu bedroom kitchenette
Reviewed 26 May 2015

Awesome hotel with spacious rooms, very close to hospitals, and downtown. You won't be disappointed with Your stay, also has suttle service. Great front desk staff.... Enjoy your stay at this wonderful place.

Room tip: 12th floor room 1200
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank James B
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2015

JamesB,

It is always great to hear that the hotel/staff 'fired on all cylinders' in respect to a guest's stay. We hope to have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 May 2015

I routinely go to appointments to I U hospital and Candlewood Suites is located close to both the medical district and also the downtown area which is convenient for going to restaurants or shopping. T, the staff are couhe suites are comfortably sized and well kept ,the staff are courteous and very helpful.I think this Hotel is a great value for price and the convenience of its location

• Trip type: Travelled with family

jpindiana2015,

I am glad that our location frequently serves you for your hotel needs when in Indianapolis. As mentioned in several replies, the hotel's economy-based, extended-stay format, while being economical for persons, may not offer some amenities that other 'limited service' brands do. Please do your homework when traveling and making a hotel choice, taking into consideration: price, location in proximity to local venues, amenities, etc...

Reviewed 24 May 2015 via mobile

Stayed for the Indianapolis 500 race and was good value, staff pleasant and helpful with advise on what to see and do. Located just out of town with clean amenities and spacious rooms has a pool but was not working sheets and bathroom and kitchen nice and clean.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

mikexyl,

I appreciate your taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at our facility. For persons reading this review, the pool located on the property belongs to the hotel's sister property, which allows usage by the Candlewood Suites' guests. I regret that it was not available for your usage during your stay.

Reviewed 28 March 2015

This Candlewood suites was ideally located next to the hospital district. I called to make reservations, requested and received special government rates, which is nice on a fixed per diem.
The room was better than most, and the bed was much more comfortable than most hotel beds. My suite had a living room and bedroom with a tv in each. It also had a kitchenette that had a fridge, microwave and stovetop. It included common utensils, so I could have saved money if I chose to cook meals in my room.
Candlewood saves money by only providing maid service 1/week, which I'm not sure I like.
There was a small exercise room with functional equipment, so I used that in the morning and had the room to myself.
Staff was fine at check in. However, I did not receive my bill under my door as is customary on the final night. I had to check out at the desk, but it took only a few minutes.
They had free wireless internet, but no breakfast (much to my chagrin).
I would gladly stay here again if proximity to hospitals was my primary consideration. If not, I'd probably stay downtown at a hotel with a happy hour and free breakfast.

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Nathan M

Nathan,

Thank you so much for providing a thorough review of your recent stay at our facility. I am pleased that you found many of the hotel amenities to be satisfactory. Many persons unfamiliar with the Candlewood Suites branding may find the lack of some amenities, of a concern. For persons looking for an extended-stay concept; however, offering a few more luxuries, would suggest the sister branding of Staybridge Suites. As an economy-based hotel, Candlewood's do not provide the traditional 'continental' breakfast but does have many items available for patrons to purchase from the Candlewood Cupboard. Similarly, housekeeping service is performed on a 'weekly' basis, based on guest's arrival. I would agree that the Candlewood brand may not be for every traveler and strongly urge travelers to thoroughly research their hotel choice before booking, making sure amenities match their needs/desires. As to your final bill. While I cannot comment directly, the most common reason a guest would not receive a bill under their door, on date of departure, would be if they had purchased their reservation from a 3rd party: Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, etc... The hotel is unable to provide receipts for these.

Reviewed 24 February 2015

I tagged along with my husband who was attending a convention. The hotels downtown were booked, so we stayed here, and I'm glad we did. The staff members were friendly and helpful. We made liberal use of the $5 shuttle service heading in and out of downtown multiple times a day. The shuttle was always prompt, picked us up outside whatever restaurant and building we were in, and it was a great, convenient service. Big, comfortable suite. I was in my third trimester of pregnancy and hadn't been sleeping too well at home but I slept like a baby in our room's bed. ...I really miss that bed.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank KateDCC
Don H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis Dwtn Medical Dist, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2015

KateDCC,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay at our facility. I am pleased that the staff and hotel amenities exceeded your expectations during your stay. Want to wish you the best with the remainder of your pregnancy. Hopefully, you will manage to get some sleep once you return home.

DH