“Quaint Family Owned Restaurant”

Vito Provolone's Restaurant
Ranked #103 of 2,500 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$12 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Local family owned Italian restaurant. Beer/wine.
Reviewed 14 March 2018

As a local, my family and I often choose to go here for those special occasions: birthdays, anniversaries, etc. We are never disappointed. The menu is simple but the vodka sauce on any of their pasta is worth the trip. If you are looking for good Italian food without the chain name, I recommend this small restaurant.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

My lasagna was wonderful, and with a Caesar Salad (no upcharge), and garlic bread - very reasonable at $15 before tax/tip. Enjoyed a lovely orangecello with this perfect meal.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

My Mom and I went on a Sunday afternoon. Loved the atmosphere. We both opted for the Caesar salad (excellent) and the garlic bread was great. I had the Linguine with Clam sauce. Loved it. Great flavor although I didn't find it "spicy" as the menu said. Mom had the tilapia with lemon caper sauce and thought is was fantastic. We both had plenty of leftovers. The service was excellent. We will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Vito's is a institution on the south side. Servers are always nice and the faces familiar. They recently added new restrooms which are small but awesome. Long over due. Others have called Vito's a dive and it may well be in some minds. The carpet and ceiling tiles are stained and worn. But what the heck the tables, utensils and food presentations are clean and up par.

I love the minestrone soup and the garlic bread is addicting. The Filet is expensive but as good as any high end restaurants offering. Only item that is off base on occasion is salad that's not entirely fresh.

The tired place for awesome Italian food.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The pizza here is fantastic. They could add a couple more specialty pizzas on the menu, but with them allowing 5 toppings per pizza with no up-charge it is easy to create something you will love. Fresh tomatoes, not canned. Usually I a don't like extra cheese but this place is different, it was so good.