“Great view & grouper ruben!”

Rick's Cafe Boatyard
Reserve with OpenTable
Rick's Cafe Boatyard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #55 of 2,611 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Price range: US$40 - US$50
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, View, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 38th Street
Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came for a late lunch. We had the shrimp cocktail, it was very good. I tried the oysters, not my favorite, very big and tasted "off." My husband had the grouper ruben and it was very good! I had the Florida Mai Mai with stir fried vegetables and soba noodles. The fish was very good but the soba noodles were one big clump of dough and were awful, inedible. Overall great view and a good shrimp cocktail & grouper sandwich!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Visiting from the south it was awesome to dine on the water, never would have thought there was such a place in Indy! Although a little on the high side the food was high quality and service was good! You gotta try at least once!

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Had lunch here with friends on the deck overlooking the lake. That was a very relaxing, enjoyable setting. We were the first ones there. Our water was brought out right away as well as the salads. From there the service went downhill. Didn't get our entrees until about 30 minutes later and they were luke warm. The food would have been excellent if it had been served as soon as it came up. We had to remind the waitress once that we had been waiting a long time. Her reply was, "I know, I know!" instead of, Ill check on your order right away. It came out about ten minutes later. Then she make some excuse that it took longer because of the salmon order. Really, so she let everyone else's order get cold. Not acceptable at all. The food was so good and the setting so beautiful that if we are in the area again, we would probably go back. But we will make sure we get better service. We usually tip 20 per cent, but my husband only tipped 10 per cent. I would have not tipped at all! I would have written in the tip line : I know I know!

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We love this place. The evening was beautiful with just a little breeze. We sat right next to the water. Just so calming. I had the Linguine Roma (excellent) and my handsome guy had the Chefs Combination. Calamari good and shrimp huge. Everything was great thanks to Stephen W our waiter. I had a French martini for my desert and again excellent. We had a great evening. Stop in I know that you will love it.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We had a fantastic experience. Wonderful staff and beautiful atmotphere! Beautiful way to enjoy the summer weather!