“Completely Average” 3 of 5 bubbles

Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest
Ranked #26 of 178 Hotels in Indianapolis
“Completely Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I travel quite a bit and always try to stay at Residence Inns. The Big 10 Basketball tourney was in Indy this weekend and I had to stay here as opposed to Downtown or Fishers.
The room was overpriced, I pay $80 a night less for the same room at other Residence Inns.
The front desk lady at check-in was wonderful, and everyone else was friendly, but not helpful.
I was very disappointed with breakfast. Usually there is a varitey of foods, but not so here, the quantities and quality of what they did have was good, but I couldnt believe how few items they did have.
There area isnt ideal, and we had to drive 6 miles for a decent meal. If you plan on eating out while here, bring your GPS or iPhone you will need it.
I would rather stay here than some Dreary Inn, but I will go out of my way in the future to stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Indonesian first
Madison, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Just finished a stay at the Residence Inn in Northwest Indianapolis, and found it to be comfortable, but in need of an update. I've stayed here in the past and returned because of the staff, and great service. My business associate ended up sick during the stay, and the staff took care of him, making sure he was comfortable. Not many places will do that, but they went above and beyond. The staff are what make or break a place, and with their hospitality, it is well worth staying there. The breakfast, as well as the evening meals were good, and the chef there made sure people were happy with what they had to offer. Although it did need a facelift, that wouldn't prevent me from staying there again. With todays economy, not many properties can afford the costly facelift, so the staff makes up the difference, by offering great customer service. The property was clean and comfortable, and that is what I look for in a hotel. Would I stay there again? Yes, and I wouldn't hesitate recommending this property.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Adraab10, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Hello bill925,

My staff and I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel! We strive to provide our guests top notch customer service and accommodations so feedback is very important to help us maintain our high standards in those areas.

Thank you for your comments about the great service you and your colleague received during your stay. I am sorry to hear that he became ill, but we are glad we were able to make it a bit more comfortable for him. We are also pleased to know that you enjoyed the food offerings that were available. The staff works hard to ensure that both the breakfast buffet and social hour provide a wide array of appetizing options to satisfy all of our guests.

I do want to let you know that we are planning a full gatehouse/lobby renovation during the 2nd quarter this year so that will provide many of the updates you mentioned. We also plan on completing the rooms later in the year as well.

Again, thank you for choosing the Residence Inn and for your review. We look forward to having you as a guest at our hotel again in the future!

Take Care,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Overall ok, but seems dated inside and doesn't seem the cleanest

• Stayed November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Adraab10, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Hello Richety,

I wanted to send you a quick message to thank you for your recent stay and review of the Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest. Guest feedback is important for us to grow and improve how we serve our valued guests so we really appreciate you taking the time to express how your experience went.

At the Residence, we hold ourselves to high standards of cleanliness and we are sorry to hear that you felt that this was lacking during your stay. Since receiving your response, I've decided to review best practices with our cleaning staff to ensure we're providing a comfortable and clean hotel for all guests.

Once again, thanks for your stay and review. I hope you consider us again while in the Indianapolis area. During your next visit, we'll show you how we really shine!

Take Care,
Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite here for three nights while attending the National FFA Convention. The front desk staff was very accommodating and friendly. Our room was clean and freshened nicely each day. We enjoyed the whirlpool and swimming pool in the evenings. The breakfast was awesome!!! Lots of variety. A great way to start your day. We enjoyed an evening meal too. The hotel is easy to get to and located close to Interstate 465. The only problem we had was our GPS taking us to a residential area when we tried to find the hotel. Not the hotel's fault - but be aware of this. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Bowling Green, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

We have been staying at this Residence Inn every year (sometimes twice a year) since it opened in 2003. It has always been my favorite Residence Inn and our stays have always been good. That being said, this year it was different. We stayed in Sept for 6 nights and again in Oct for 3 nights. The Property is getting a little weathered and is in BAD need of a remodel. Furniture, carpet, wallpaper, drapery, appliances, it all needs replacing. Bed was still comfortable but the pillows were flat and completely worn out. We had different rooms for each visit and they both did have a strange odor. (Housekeeping seems to be overlooking a lot of things that should be addressed) On our first visit the evening meal and the breakfast buffet was a joke. There was a family staying there that emptied every dish and there was never anything left for anyone else.(They never missed a meal) ( One woman took 4 big cinnamon rolls and put them in her purse) (Another family member Filled a cereal bowl full of chicken tenders) I eat alot, but that seemed a little extreme- even to me. The quality of the breakfast on the second visit was very poor until Sunday morning. (Eggs were like they had sand & ocean water in them the first two mornings) We had to eat elsewhere.
This makes me SAD to write a bad review because this property used to be top notch. Not sure if we will stay here again until it is remodeled.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank nvky
Adraab10, General Manager at Residence Inn Indianapolis Northwest, responded to this review, 24 October 2011
Dear nvky,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I do apologize that your visit on this trip was less than satisfactory. We strive to make sure every guest is completely satisfied before leaving our hotel and I assure you that we are taking steps to address the issues you experienced.

I do want to let you know that we have plans to renovate our hotel lobby during the end of this year/beginning of 2012. This will be a comprehensive renovation including all facets of our Gatehouse as well as our Patio area. We also plan on completing a renovation for all guest rooms in the 2nd quarter of 2012. We hope this will address your concerns with the condition of many of the areas you mentioned. We have been making efforts to improve both our breakfast and evening social hour food. I do apologize that you didn't experience the superior quality we intend to provide our guests. I have informed our staff of the issues you mentioned with breakfast and the reception. We will monitor it better from now on to ensure everyone has a fair chance at enjoying our complimentary dining options.

I hope that you will reconsider visiting our property in the future, after the renovation to see the difference and improvements we are making. We truly value you as a guest and hope for another opportunity to make things right. Thank you again for your comments.