“Business Traveler- Attentive Staff”

Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East
Ranked #94 of 188 Hotels in Indianapolis
Reviewed 22 August 2016

Clean room, attentive and friendly staff. Only thing is there are no restaurants (other then fast food) in walking distance from the hotel. However, if you need a place to stay that is worth the price, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 15 August 2016

We found the beds to be comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful, good location and nicely stocked store for basic needs. I would recommend this to anyone. We were told the area wasn't the best, but seemed ok to us. Nice restaurants close too. Lincoln Square is really good.

Room Tip: Always like first floor if possible
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Had a great stay. It is walking distance to Lucas Oil Stadium. The hotel is nice, clean and the staff is friendly. Breakfast is good and they offer an evening social. I stay at a lot of hotels and highly recommend this hotel. As a rewards member I was upgraded to a suite. Nice room with full kitchen.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 July 2016

I originally wrote this review for the hotel’s website. However, they rejected it, as I mentioned another hotel by name. Obviously it was rejected by some kind of auto-reading software: as if a human had read it, it would have been posted. I may or may not decide to re-post it on the hotel website again.

So I decided to post it on Tripadvisor, as there will be no issue with my naming the other hotel.

This is the third time I have stayed at this particular hotel. I stay at at least 12-15 hotels a year on business, usually for 3 nights. I have no complaints about this hotel. Service was good. Bed and pillows were quite comfortable, and the towels really well above average.

I was assigned a handicapped room . Not my request, but I had paid through a third party (not Priceline or similar, a business program). This is common and I don’t object. My room was very spacious, and I don’t know if the extra room was because it was designed for maneuverability for the handicapped. If all rooms are the same size, perhaps those have more furniture: a loveseat, or something. Mine had more than enough: dresser, night stand, easy chairs, built in table and 2 chairs.

In any event, the room was well equipped. Dishes, utensils, glasses, etc., better than the ESA standard, where I often stay as well.

Hotel offers a full kitchen, so does not provide breakfast. Coffee in the lobby, though with only artificial creamer.

Hotel has an elevator.

Location is very easy to access off of I 70. Yet, not noisy. There are a few chain restaurants nearby, but it is not a busy area.

The hotel offers the use of a DVD player and free movies, which is a really nice perk. However, the desk clerk could not tell me how to operate the DVD player. After a frustrating 20 minutes, I figured out which magic buttons to press in what sequence on both remotes. A simple instruction card on top of the player would solve this problem.

Now for the only negative: parking is inadequate. Having just had knee surgery, I was more conscious than usual of having to walk further. I soon realized, though, that part of the problem – if not the origin of the problem - was that guests of the neighboring hotel, Quality Inn, were parking in the Candlewood lot, even though Candlewood had posted that spaces were for their own guests. I guess people were lazy, and though their hotel had spaces around 3 sides, the Candlewood lot was closer to the Quality Inn front door.

What made me really angry, though, was seeing repeatedly that - over the space of a 3 day stay – Quality Inn uniformed maids were parking in the Candlewood HANDICAPPED spaces, then running over to work. Young, obviously NOT handicapped maids, with illegal handicapped hang tags. I should have followed my first instincts and called the police. Not only too lazy to use their OWN hotel’s spaces, but using a handicapped space that should have been for the use of a guest who needed it. I saw those spaces full the entire 3 days, and never once used by a guest.

I hope Candlewood Inn gives Quality Inn a hard time over it.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2016

Dated property, funky smells, rough area. It met criteria for basic shelter, in my opinion. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and plenty of channels on the television. Helpful staff. Don't expect any extras here, though.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank ElaineAus2013
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Indianapolis East, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2016

Dear ElaineAus2013,

Thank you for your stay and for sharing your experience. Thank you for noting the cleanliness of our rooms and I am glad to read that you found the bed comfortable. I also appreciate your kind words towards our staff. On the other hand, I am sorry to learn that your stay at our property was only average. I also apologize for not meeting your expectations when it comes to the overall look of our property. Rest assured that your comments are noted and will be shared with our management team to help us determine what we could further improve on to be able to deliver a highly satisfactory experience.

Until your next visit, we remain at your service.

Ingrid V.