“Surprisingly quiet and great selections”
Review of The Journey

The Journey
Ranked #182 of 2,601 Restaurants in Indianapolis
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 January 2017

I am Asian, and I came here based on the recommendation of an Asian friend living in the city. We left feeling very satisfied as this place has everything you would want from a good Asian buffet! A great selection of Asian and American foods, including huge selection of sushi, two kinds of noodle soup, BBQ meat on a skewer, different stirred fried vegetables and meats, as well as a large variety of seafood including crab legs. If you like meat, they have the usual like roast beef, lamb, and even frog legs. Salad bar is nice, and my favorite was the fresh mango in December! Over a couple dozen of desserts to try including egg tart and sesame balls and ice cream. Over all, I was extremely pleased with the food quality! What surprised me was how quiet the place is given how large the place is with so many diners!
Make sure you arrive early for dinner to avoid long waits on weekends!

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

I live this place, food always fresh ,,, no strawberries for chocolate fountain, but I think I'll live

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 29 December 2016

It is amazing the number of people dining at the Journey at lunch time.....long lines waiting as well....(although it was the week between Christmas and New Years and many people were off work).

The food was average, at best. Coconut shrimp was quite sweet but did not exhibit much coconut. The deep fried shrimp had a coating that was double (or more) than the size of the shrimp. The beef (steak) was tough as were the ribs. The crab Rangoon was over fried. I could continue.......but I think the message has been communicated.

This is a place to pack the belly for a reasonable price but if you are into quality and enjoyment of food properly prepared, this is not, in our opinion, the place to go.

2  Thank gold-vintner
Reviewed 16 December 2016

I am a big fan of sushi! It is rare to find a sushi buffet with raw fish but they have it and good quality too (good quality as far as Indiana goes--I used to live in Florida..) This place has a little bit of everything. My whole family went for my birthday and no one was disappointed. I take my sister out to lunch here about every other week for about $20. The evening prices 2x or more than lunch but that is still reasonable considering what a normal sushi restaurant costs.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 11 December 2016

The attendant at entrance was holding a conversation which she did not terminate while we waited. The quality of the food was down, the buffet was filled with a lot of replicated dishes... it seemed to be a contest of how many ways shrimp could be prepared. Worst of all.... we were so thirsty all evening because of the higher salt content. This has been one of our favorites to return to in visiting Indy... we'll likely give it a try again based on our past visits..but I believe I'll be watching others' reviews.

1  Thank marjieP