“Place for Filet ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

Well it’s been awhile since I’ve done a review in real time. It’s a beautiful night to be sitting outside. How be it a little buggy. We were seated promptly and our server came right out. They have live entertainment across the street to enjoy here outside. We ordered the house Merlot which was a large pour. I ordered the Filet and the wife Chicken Parmesan. I asked for the desert menu and seriously I want every item on it. Glad I ordered the 8OZ Filet to have room for it.

Just served up some hot fresh Italian bread. Be careful to not eat too much and spoil the meal. Salad is simply iceberg out of the bag. It was mostly fresh and homemade dressings very good. Upscale place usually has a better salad but this got the job done.

Verdict? Filet was 4.5 Stars. Was it a best ever? No. Solid, most definitely. Would I crave it again, surely. The side roasted potatoes are amazing. The carrots and broccoli were cooked to order well done but they are more like frozen than fresh raw. That’s ok since well done Fresh is always difficult to get.

Desert time. Chocolate cake was a winner indeed.

We plan to come back soon.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

Went with four friends on a Wednesday evening. We sat outside, it was beautiful. We all had a main course only. I had a 12oz filet. It was cooked to perfection. The vegetables were cooked to perfection also. The service was very fast and very friendly. I also ordered a tomato salad.
A colleague had a prime rib which was very large and cooked as required.
Hi

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Best steak, better than anything downtown! Romeo & Juliet wine is the best red blend! Bathrooms are fancy af and super clean! Hands down my favorite place to eat!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

You will enjoy a great meal backed by excellent service. Probably the best spaghetti & meat balls bar none. The bread and salad dressings are very tasty. I recommend this restaurant for any occasion. No disappointments here.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

First impressions are everything; at La Trattoria we were immediately greeted and seated and felt very much like we were a house guest. Of course, the building is a prior house situated in old Greenwood. The grounds are beautifully flowered and manicured and the decor inside very warm and homey. Katie was our server. We chose to skip an appetizer and ordered 12 ounce filet w side of fettuccine Alfredo and wedge salad, and manicotti and house salad. Regrettably I neglected to ask for dressing on the side; my salad was drenched in dressing much to my dismay. The iceberg lettuce was not green but was, in appearance , a tad old in color , but the wedge salad was greener and I would recommend not getting the house salad. Their bread and oil were good. My husbands filet was cooked perfectly and the Alfredo sauce seemed a bit weak and runny paired on the thick fettuccine pasta and no spoon was served for twirling so Alfredo sauce was flying around; messy. I did not really think too much of the manicotti. I asked , prior to ordering, what it was stuffed with: cheese. Yes, I get that but what kind? Ricotta? Yes. Ok. It arrived freshly from the oven and was so bathed in mozzarella cheese on top that I had difficulty locating the 2 small tubes of stuffed manicotti. Once there, I realized much to my dismay that the dish was baked with meat sauce. ☹️ the menu does not describe the dish as having meat sauce. Katie didn't offer up that information when I inquired about the manicotti so again, yet another take away if I were to return , to specifically order marinara (no meat sauce). We skipped desserts . The check with tax, iced tea, one Sam Adams, and the wedge salad upcharge was $65. All in all it was a nice dinner, but not above average in my humble opinion , and in comparison to other Italian restaurants, locally, in state, out of state, and globally , that I've dined at.