“Lose the horseradish in the guacamole ”

Tried & True Alehouse
Ranked #17 of 214 Restaurants in Greenwood
Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

Had dinner there twice in the past two weeks. Enjoyed the outdoor dining area and our server, Jasmine, did a great job. I like the drink menu and the beer menu. However, we ordered the chicken nachos grande. It’s a nice medium spicy dish with various proper amounts of jalapeños, chicken, spicy beans, etc.. it’s very enjoyable. however, the horseradish guacamole does not remotely belong on this dish. The guacamole and sour cream are supposed to counter the other spicy ingredients. Horseradish does not belong in this dish. Maybe on a hamburger, but not on a medium spicy Mexican dish. I would remove the horseradish from the nachos guacamole.

Other than that I would recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

The beef tips have a good flavor but were not top quality filet. Very chewy. The shrimp were huge and slightly under cooked. Tasty mashed potatoes but not very warm. Pleased and will likely return. Good value here mostly pub food.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

First time at Tried & True for my wife and I.

They had one of my favorites, 6 foot blonde beer so I was pretty happy.

I had the wings with buffalo sauce. My wife had the tomato bisque soup, salad and a grilled cheese sandwich.

My wings were excellent, meaty, flavorful and moist. Among the top 5 wings I've ever had.

The soup my wife had was very good as well. There were eight of us and everyone had only good things to say about their food.

Will definitely come back to try other menu items.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We saw on Tried & Ture's FB Page that they were helping celebrate "Hamburger Week" with $5 burgers (they normally get about $10 with a side of fries - the $5 burger was their signature burger - the Alehouse w/o sides).
I added onion rings and we both enjoyed a tall Yuengling on tap.
The food came in good time (1/2 of the beer) and was very good! Juicy and flavorful!
The onion rings were crispy and delicious.
Service was great at the bar.
Total tab for two (before tip & taxes) $22
We'll be back for sure!

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Really weren’t impressed with the service, or the “seat yourself wherever you want in the huge bar section” but the food and drinks were great! Nice option for beer flights and good selection of cocktails. Highly recommend the chicken and waffles appetizer; it was delicious!!!

Date of visit: June 2018