“Great place to stop just outside of Indy”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Greenfield
Reviewed 12 April 2017

Relocating from Philly to Chicago, and went through Columbus, OH, where I met a friends for dinner, which went late. Got back on the road and drove for a couple hours. Tired and wanted to complete the drive the next day, and ended up at the Holiday Inn Express in Greenfield, IN outside of Indy as I thought it would be less expensive that closer-in properties. First tried another hotel a couple hundred yards away, and their best rate was twice that of the Holiday Inn express. Room was great, hot breakfast very good, and I found it to be a great value.

Room Tip: I was third floor, above the noise and some view.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2017

Bill H,

Thank you for the great review. We are glad we were able to accommodate you in your travels and that our rates were to your liking.

Thank you again and hope to see you again if you are traveling this way again.

Reviewed 6 March 2017 via mobile

My family stayed here while we were in town. Everything is very nice! The hallways were wide and well lit. The rooms felt bigger too than a normal hotel room. My girls enjoyed the pool area. The breakfast was quite good for a free hotel breakfast. I would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

On our way home to New Mexico so we had to stop & this hotel is a must stay if you're tired. The breakfast is amazing. They are pet friendly for an extra $25. They have a pool and workout room. 5 stars.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2017

Johnny W,

Thank you for the great review. We love to be able to accommodate your fur family. We also love our breakfast also and all our amenities.

Thank you again for staying and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This is a very nice hotel. The room was clean, and up to date. There was a refrigerator, microwave and Keurig in the room. It was very quiet in the hotel. The staff was friendly during our stay. This hotel is right off the highway and is easy to access. It is close to several restaurants and stores. It's a 5 minute drive to downtown Greenfield. My daughter enjoyed the pool and fitness room. We didn't partake of the breakfast, but it looked and smelled great! I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Angie M,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and find us friendly! Guest satisfaction is our number one priority! Location is key and you are right we are in a great spot.

We hope to see you again the next time you are traveling through!

Thank you!

Reviewed 14 February 2017

If I could give this hotel a zero star review, I would. By far this is the worst hotel experience that I've ever had. We booked via Expedia for a King bed, but were put in a room with two, twin beds. The desk person said that since it was booked via Expedia that she couldn't do anything about it. For for three nights, my husband and I had to have our legs and feet hanging off of the beds because they were so short.
During our stay, our water in room 318 was stopping mid-shower. I called the front desk about this issue, and the desk person said, "what do you mean it's stopping." "Like, the water has stopped coming out." She said she would send a maintenance person, but I asked her to wait 30 minutes because my husband was naked and would like to cloth himself before they arrived. We left and when we came back there was no note that someone had been in our room or that the maintenance person had stopped by.
You receive "free breakfast," but be warned that it's only well stocked when it first opens. If you wake up and go down around 8 or 9, you'll likely have to purchase breakfast elsewhere. They don't seem to restock their items during the morning. Very inconvenient.
Also, be warned that their stores are incredibly difficult to open. I literally had to kick them open every time to enter our room because it was so difficult.
If you planned on using the hotel's soap, shampoo, and conditioner (which we did to avoid spillage in our suitcase), you'll be disappointed in the cheap quality. The soap literally ripped out some of my husband's arm hair. We ended up having to just purchase our own items.
For people who work in the hospitality business, the employees were unknowledgeable and lacking in pleasantries. The only person who was friendly was a man in a grey suit, who I assume would be a manager or a GM who greeted me one morning in the breakfast area.
For the amount that we paid, we received an extremely low and disappointing stay. Next time that we're in the see family, we will certainly go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Simply don't come here
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Chasity B,

I do apologize that your stay with us was not 100%. I was the gentleman that you met in the breakfast area. I check on it on a regular basis to make sure its stocked and clean and I am sorry that you didn't have a great experience. I will look into the water issue as that is a first for us as we have adequate water heaters and I will check with maintenance if they noticed it since.
As for the room type I apologize as it was booked through Expedia as a Standard room and and what we had left was our standard two queen. I do assure you we do not have any twin beds in our hotel.

Again I do apologize that your stay was not the best but if you would give the hotel another chance I will personally make sure your stay is great. We strive to do so with every guest and it does upset me that anyone has a bad experience.

Please contact me if you are in town again as I want to change your mind about our hotel.

Hope to see you again soon.

tmcmichael@starsgroupinc.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
0.2 km away
23.6 km away
Indianapolis Marriott East
Indianapolis Marriott East
#1 of 186 in Indianapolis

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield? Share your experiences!