“Worst Hotel Experience”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Greenfield
Reviewed 14 February 2017

If I could give this hotel a zero star review, I would. By far this is the worst hotel experience that I've ever had. We booked via Expedia for a King bed, but were put in a room with two, twin beds. The desk person said that since it was booked via Expedia that she couldn't do anything about it. For for three nights, my husband and I had to have our legs and feet hanging off of the beds because they were so short.
During our stay, our water in room 318 was stopping mid-shower. I called the front desk about this issue, and the desk person said, "what do you mean it's stopping." "Like, the water has stopped coming out." She said she would send a maintenance person, but I asked her to wait 30 minutes because my husband was naked and would like to cloth himself before they arrived. We left and when we came back there was no note that someone had been in our room or that the maintenance person had stopped by.
You receive "free breakfast," but be warned that it's only well stocked when it first opens. If you wake up and go down around 8 or 9, you'll likely have to purchase breakfast elsewhere. They don't seem to restock their items during the morning. Very inconvenient.
Also, be warned that their stores are incredibly difficult to open. I literally had to kick them open every time to enter our room because it was so difficult.
If you planned on using the hotel's soap, shampoo, and conditioner (which we did to avoid spillage in our suitcase), you'll be disappointed in the cheap quality. The soap literally ripped out some of my husband's arm hair. We ended up having to just purchase our own items.
For people who work in the hospitality business, the employees were unknowledgeable and lacking in pleasantries. The only person who was friendly was a man in a grey suit, who I assume would be a manager or a GM who greeted me one morning in the breakfast area.
For the amount that we paid, we received an extremely low and disappointing stay. Next time that we're in the see family, we will certainly go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Simply don't come here
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Chasity B,

I do apologize that your stay with us was not 100%. I was the gentleman that you met in the breakfast area. I check on it on a regular basis to make sure its stocked and clean and I am sorry that you didn't have a great experience. I will look into the water issue as that is a first for us as we have adequate water heaters and I will check with maintenance if they noticed it since.
As for the room type I apologize as it was booked through Expedia as a Standard room and and what we had left was our standard two queen. I do assure you we do not have any twin beds in our hotel.

Again I do apologize that your stay was not the best but if you would give the hotel another chance I will personally make sure your stay is great. We strive to do so with every guest and it does upset me that anyone has a bad experience.

Please contact me if you are in town again as I want to change your mind about our hotel.

Hope to see you again soon.

tmcmichael@starsgroupinc.com

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

The room was clean and thestaff very helpful and friendly. The bed was comfortable and they have a free breakfast, but if you don't want that Cracker Barrel is located near by within walking distance.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Sarah_Crosby, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

2OBXN,

Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and were able to get a good night's rest! Guest satisfaction is our number one priority!

We hope to see you again the next time you are traveling through!

Sarah Crosby
AGM

Reviewed 24 January 2017

This is a very nice pet friendly hotel. The location is also very nice with a lot of stores and places to eat near by. The rooms were clean and no major issues with the room. Each room has a fridge.

The worst part of the hotel are the beds. They are super firm and are not that comfortable.

Everything else was great.

Room Tip: Lower floor with pets
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

Thank you so much for your great review! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel was nice and clean! We love our fur friends and glad we can accommodate your pet family. We will see what we can do about our beds as this is a first we have heard and want to make sure everyone stay is comfy. The best sleep possible is our goal!!
Happy you love staying here because we love having you here!

We hope to see you again!!

Reviewed 9 January 2017

The desk person on duty when we checked in was very helpful, but was unable to locate a shower bench for the "handicap equipped"l room - very disappointing to make do with bird baths. Also found it impossible to connect to internet with my iphone.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Travis M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Thank you for your review and your kind words about the staff! I will make sure that the staff is aware of where equipment is at all times, as it is not an excuse not to have have the equipment available. It is our top priority to make sure every guest is comfortable and happy and we hope you do stay with us again in the future.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 January 2017

This hotel is right off the interstate, and very quiet. The rooms we stayed in were clean and seemed fairly new or updated. The beds were very comfortable. There is a Cracker Barrel restaurant in walking distance. There are other things nearby too for food delivery and gas, and groceries. The staff was very friendly, and they are pet friendly too. We happened to stay during a storm, and the staff kept the info on the tv in the lobby on the weather channel, so it was easy for us to track the storm and wait for it to pass before we got back on the road.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Sarah_Crosby, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2017

C5256YLvanessam,

Thank you for a great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to track the storm to stay safe in your travels! We strive to be the best that we can be to create and maintain a great hotel our guests will love!

We hope if you are ever traveling back through our little town, you will stop in and stay with us again!

Thank you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenfield
0.2 km away
23.6 km away
Indianapolis Marriott East
Indianapolis Marriott East
#1 of 186 in Indianapolis

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield? Share your experiences!