All reviews we loved our stay room was clean and comfortable television ihg clerk beds
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I came in on Aug 3 and checked out Aug 4. As I was leaving, I stopped by the front desk to get assistance with printing materials for a meeting. Melissa went above and beyond to find out how to print what I needed in color, she then went a step further and laminated it for me, to help me make an even greater impression on my audience. She was friendly and extremely accommodating. She also made recommendations on local businesses. Whatever she didn't know, she reached out to other employees in the building, to help find accurate answers to my questions. I will definitely stay at your property again when I am in the area, because of the superb service I received from Melissa. She is truly an asset to your team.

My room was also clean and comfortable. The other staff I encountered,from housekeeping to the groundskeeper, to the lady that checked me in the day prior, were also very pleasant. Thanks again!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gas City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2018

Hi La Toya! Thank you for such a great review of our Holiday Inn Express Gas City, IN. You are absolutely correct, Melissa is such a wonderful asset to our team, whether she is tending to our guest's needs or inspiring team members. I would like to assure you that Melissa is cherished by our company. We don't know what we would do with out her! I'm glad you were able to have such a wonderful experience with us! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We were in Upland for a celebration of life for a wonderful family member. The staff at the Holiday Inn Express was excellent! They were very pleasant, attentive and kind-hearted. I would like to mention that Jessica H. and Nikki D. went above and beyond to make certain that many of our family members, who stayed at the hotel, felt comfortable and were attended to. The hotel was completely sold out and they had a couple employees not show up and so rooms were not ready on time. Jessica H and Nikke D did everything they could on each of their shifts to make certain our family was cared for. The housekeeping staff, while shorthanded, maintained their sense of kindness and did everything they could to get our rooms ready. I would like to mention that the a/c is not working properly in the fitness room. Maintenance came in and confirmed it is something that will need to be handled. I would like to request that higher level management consider remaining on site when the hotel is sold out if there is only one person working the front desk. I could see some guests frustrated that there were not additional staff to handle their requests.

Room Tip: Try to request a room that faces the field in the back. Very peaceful view.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Amanda M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gas City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hello Stephanie, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of your resent stay. You are absolutely correct Jessica, Nikki and all of our staff are such a wonderful asset to the company! We hope that you will stop in and see us again real soon!

Reviewed 20 May 2018

The manager of this hotel is absolutely incompetent. We had 13 rooms blocked off for 5 days and she tells our group that she only had us down for 2 days and we had to leave. We were in town playing in a tournament and had to find somewhere else to stay. She lied about sending a conformation email and tried to blame us for her mistakes. The staff at the front desk was utterly useless to deal with. Incompetent management leads to incompetent employees. Because of these problems we will never use a Holiday Inn Express or Holiday Inn ever again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2018

From check in until check out, our experience at this motel was excellent. Clean, friendly staff, nice variety at breakfast, all contributed to make our stay a good one. Located in the middle of a corn field, the rural location seemed to be a stark contrast to the bright, contemporary interior of the motel. We had doubts about stopping in such a rural setting as we are city people, but we will stay here again on our travels!

Room Tip: I need a handicapped room and was able to get one. Thankfully they have more than one!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Amanda M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gas City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Thank you for the kind words! The Holiday Inn Express staff in Gas City, IN works very hard to make each of our awesome guests a great stay! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we will welcome you back with open arms here in rural Gas City!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel was clean. The staff was amazing. Nikki at the front desk really took care of us when my daughter got sick. The GM was personally cleaning rooms when we checked in early. They really went above and beyond to make us feel welcome. Thank you!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Amanda M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Gas City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Thank you so much for noticing all of our hard work here at the Holiday Inn Express Gas City! It is our job to make you feel like we are your home away from home, we look forward to seeing you when you come back to town!