“Just ok ”

Michael Jackson Family Home
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The house itself is nice and well persevered. But the neighborhood is ran down. The house was in a in close fence, well trimmed yard. Really wasn't much to speak of since you can't go inside the yard or house. Your can't get pass the gate, can't enter the house, nor is it a museum..

1  Thank KingLoco247
"plaques"
in 4 reviews
"birthplace"

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Shady neighborhood but great to see the house that the Jacksons grew up in. Well kept. Would not drive a long way out of way to see as its only a photo opportunity but glad we weren't too far away.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I am a huge Michael Jackson fan and I am so happy we made the time to stop here. The home is immaculate, but the surrounding area is horrific! We were the only people there and I will admit we were concerned for our safety so we got out of there quick since the home wasn't open for tours. I am giving it 5 stars because I think it is a must see if you are a true fan of the King of Pop!

5  Thank PLB1908
Reviewed 15 July 2017

I know about as much about Michael Jackson as I did before driving by his childhood home. The home was not open to visit while I was there, but there were a number of others stopped and walking around for a view of a large memorial marker and the shuttered well manicured home. The house is simple and small and a reflection of simple family life. It is next to the local high school. The neighborhood is rough and rundown, but there is pride in this home and many others in the area. A family and boy from this very simple and humble beginning had an impact on a planet. This alone is inspiring.

5  Thank Michael D
See more reviews
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

I stopped by on my way to visit a friend in Illinois. Spent about a half hour-45 minutes there. The property is nice, well taken care of & it makes you think about the past. The neighborhood surrounding is horrible. I was nervous to get out of the car with my sons, but we did anyway & it was thankfully uneventful. The area is beyond run-down. Hollowed out shells of homes that caught fire, boarded up & abandoned homes just across the way and a few homes down from MJs childhood home. It was fascinating, still...I'd go back to see it again. It looked like they might do tours at specific times of the year.

5  Thank AdventureOnTheMove