“2300 Jackson Street”

Michael Jackson Family Home
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I am a huge Michael Jackson fan and I am so happy we made the time to stop here. The home is immaculate, but the surrounding area is horrific! We were the only people there and I will admit we were concerned for our safety so we got out of there quick since the home wasn't open for tours. I am giving it 5 stars because I think it is a must see if you are a true fan of the King of Pop!

3  Thank PLB1908

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I know about as much about Michael Jackson as I did before driving by his childhood home. The home was not open to visit while I was there, but there were a number of others stopped and walking around for a view of a large memorial marker and the shuttered well manicured home. The house is simple and small and a reflection of simple family life. It is next to the local high school. The neighborhood is rough and rundown, but there is pride in this home and many others in the area. A family and boy from this very simple and humble beginning had an impact on a planet. This alone is inspiring.

5  Thank Michael D
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

I stopped by on my way to visit a friend in Illinois. Spent about a half hour-45 minutes there. The property is nice, well taken care of & it makes you think about the past. The neighborhood surrounding is horrible. I was nervous to get out of the car with my sons, but we did anyway & it was thankfully uneventful. The area is beyond run-down. Hollowed out shells of homes that caught fire, boarded up & abandoned homes just across the way and a few homes down from MJs childhood home. It was fascinating, still...I'd go back to see it again. It looked like they might do tours at specific times of the year.

4  Thank AdventureOnTheMove
Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

After riding through the city to get to the house I was sad. It's truly the ONLY nice thing there. It was nice to see the Jackson family home but if I knew the journey would leave me depressed after seeing the ghost town I would not have went. You can skip it unless you deem yourself a diehard MJ fan or just want to see poverty all around.

2  Thank wise_cinderella
Reviewed 20 April 2017

I had to drive a class b truck from Baltimore to Chicago and back.When I was close to Chicago I saw the signs for Gary and remembered that was the home of the Jacksons,...so I investigated,found the address online and decided to stop by on the way back.As most reviewers have said it is a totally average house in a neighborhood that as certainly seen its better day(go in the daytime),...however,...if you(like me)are fascinated to see this house with the high school in the backyard and think about what a life(good and bad)it must have been back in the 1970's with all those Jacksons living under one roof,...while Dad went off to work in the mill. What was Michael,Janet,Tito,Jermaine and the others thinking?There aren't any gift shops or tours,...your are just left to look at the house and wonder,,.priceless.

6  Thank stevediorio1960