All reviews dvd player bedroom bathroom social hour full kitchen close to the hotel family stayed here breakfast buffet shopping and restaurants sink area wi fi the breakfast area visit family nice property great place to stay king bed staff was friendly in town
Reviewed 17 December 2017

I had planned on making a day trip to Ft Wayne to visit a friend, but after evening plans the night before cancelled, I decided to hop online and see if there were inexpensive hotels in the area that I could stay at with a pool and hottub. Staybridge Suites came up on my list for under $100, so I booked on Expedia, threw some clothes in my backpack, and hit the highway.

I arrived about 7:30 in the evening, checked in, and got to my room. The hotel sits behind some other businesses and was a bit hard to find the entrance (and the exit.. lots of "wrong way" signs) but once I did, I was met with a fairly empty parking lot. Check in process was quick and painless, and within a few minutes, I was in my room.

I like Staybridge Suites because you have a separate living room/kitchenette and bedroom/bathroom. I was only staying the night, but I've stayed at other locations around the US much longer for work before, and I always appreciated the real closet versus the wardrobe closet.

After getting my stuff to my room, I switched into my swim trunks and headed down to the pool. I was really disappointed that there was a sign on the door that the heater was not working and the water was 70 degrees, and that I could "swim at my own discretion." This was the reason I chose this hotel over some of the others, so I went back to my room.

All in all, a decent stay at a decent price, but I was a little unhappy about the pool being broken. I thought maybe since I booked on Expedia that I didn't get an announcement about it, but I checked their main website too and nothing was listed.

Room Tip: 3 floors.. go for the third away from the elevator
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jon C
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Our family stayed here for 2 nts. at the beginning of the mth. We had previously stayed at this chain a year ago in South Bend, so we were familiar with it. We'd normally choose Homewood Suites, when available, but even though there's one right next door, it didn't have a pool so we opted to try Staybridge again. We made reservations a month in advance, online thru the hotel's website. We booked a 1 bedroom suite however when we got to our room, we found that we were given 2 doubles instead. We were really unhappy about this but since we were so exhausted from the long day at the zoo, we chose to just make it work. The real bummer is that the clerk never even said anything about the type of room, or that they couldn't give us a king, etc. An acknowledgement goes a long way, but we got nothing. Also we had requested to be near an elevator. We could not have been put farther from the elevator. (Again, we realize that was only a request, but a simple acknowledgement would've been nice.)

The room itself is nice and homey. The full kitchen is stocked with the basic essentials; stove, microwave, dishwasher, fridge (with an ice maker), plates, cups, silverware, etc. Dishwashing tablets are provided as was liquid dish soap, however there were no sponges for washing dishes. The garbage can, under the sink, is very small though. We found ourselves putting garbage in bags we had brought from home to keep the trash from piling up.

There are plenty of table tops. Counter/bar area in the kitchen, a desk, multiple side tables, night stands, etc and lots of outlets for charging electronics. Also wi-fi was pretty decent.

The living room had a sofa and a decently comfortable side chair. The sofa we found pretty uncomfortable especially as the pull out bed. The mattress is super thin, and you could feel the bars underneath. The living room had a nice TV as well as a DVD player. (Another TV in bedroom, but not a DVD player.)

The bedroom is a little on the cramped side, especially with the 2 beds. One of the beds sits right up to the wall/window. We found the beds to be extremely firm. If that's what you like, then you'll be good. Us, not so much...

The bathroom area has a sink outside of the toilet/shower area which is good for allowing more than one person to get ready at the same time, however the bathroom door opens out directly into someone if they're there getting ready & the closet is behind the sink area. It becomes quite congested if everyone is trying to get ready at the same time. The shower had great water pressure and there's canisters on the shower wall with shampoo/conditioner/body wash. (A nice touch!)

The pool/hot tub area is nice. We lucked out and got it all to ourselves! The pool was a bit on the chilly side but going into the hot tub afterwards helped to warm us up.

Our biggest complaint was that there was a yappy barking dog in the room next to us. (Yes, it's a pet friendly hotel.) On our 2nd nt. we literally got no sleep because it refused to stop barking the entire nt. We don't know if it was left alone or what?! Can't understand if the owner was there how they would've allowed that to go on all nt. We did call the front desk to complain but basically just got the "Oh I'm sorry. Do you know what room it is?" The dog never stopped barking, so we don't think anything was done about it. :(

Our stay could've been SOOOO much better. It was easy to find, convenient to the main road, and super clean. Unfortunately comfort and lack of sleep are major issues for us.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank MelindaMC74
staybridgefw, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

We were sorry to hear your stay was not fantastic. Please contact our staff so we can figure out the problem.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

Very nice studio apartment with helpful staff. I was looking for ice and was directed to the Coke machine! Much appreciated!

We grabbed dinner at the Kroger across Route 24 and enjoyed it in our room, which was equipped with basic kitchen needs.

The only criticism I can levy on this very nice property is that it is not in a walkable area. There are very nice restaurants nearby, but given the traffic, it is impractical to walk to them. Otherwise, this is a lovely place.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
staybridgefw, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Thank you for your response.

Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

This is what you would expect. Kitchen, living area, king bed. Very clean and the staff was super friendly. Th only warning is to be aware that the driveway you pull into is one way and you take the exit through the lot and out the next door property. I'd stay again for sure.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
staybridgefw, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Thank you so much for your response. We are happy we could meet your needs.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

Wife had a conference in Fort Wayne. We picked the Staybridge for the quality of their rooms and service. Location to Interstate, shopping and restaurants was very good. They also serve an excellent breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: 2 bedroom suites are best for families.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
staybridgefw, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Fort Wayne, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2017

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay.