See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Yes, there are several friendly staff members, but during the 9 nights I stayed there while my brother was in a hospice and then died, the only reason I stayed there was that almost all other accommodations, especially the extended stay motels, were booked in the Fort Wayne area. There are many reasons why this facility in Fort Wayne was almost always less than half full...judging by the cars in the parking lot. This Suburban Motel did not live up to any Choice Motel/Hotel standards to which I have become accustomed. First, while my room appeared to be somewhat clean and I kept it in good order, housekeeping was promised once a week in all rooms... yet no one ever cleaned my room at the end of seven days. Second, there was trash around the doors entering the various wings and other motel areas...with trash bins overflowing. Safety in this motel area was sketchy at best and definitely would not have been appropriate for a family, elderly person or single woman. Third, the washing machines and drier(s) were broken or out of order for many of the 9 days I was there. I washed my clothes elsewhere. My microwave in my room did not work and although I asked on several days to see if someone could stop by to fix it or replace it, nothing was ever done. When I left the facility after nine days, I gave the front desk my frozen food and other staples. While the refrigerator and freezer did work, there was no way to heat the food in a microwave. Fourth, one day I went to the front desk and another person was trying to check in and said they had been waiting for over 20 minutes with no one present on the desk. The facility is very understaffed and too much is expected of the few staff members present. Fifth, the "drawings" on this Fort Wayne Suburban/Choice website of the renovations underway are just that...hopefully just beginning to occur. The room shown with new drapes, bedding and furnishings is certainly not what you should expect if you checked in here...air conditioners are old, musty and noisy, night stands and other furnishings are old or not in good condition , the list could go on and on. The final disappointment for me was when I told staff that I wanted to rent my room for two more nights but had to attend my brother's funeral on Sunday afternoon. I was clearly/definitely told just to come back the next day and pay for the extra two nights. When I got back to the Suburban facility after my brother's funeral and related family activities, my room keys were blocked and I could not enter the side entrance doors of the motel. Only when another person/guest at the facility entering the motel was kind enough to let me into the facility did I hope to get some rest. Of course, my room key did not work either, there was no one on the desk for quite some time, and when that person did appear, he insisted that I pay right then if I wanted to re-enter my room which had all my belongings, computer and possessions inside. Something had definitely been "lost in translation." Of course I did make payment, but the entire time I was there, five days after my brother had died, only one woman staff member expressed her sympathy to me when I told the personnel that my brother had died. Of course I did not expect hotel/motel personal to be grief counselors, but a simple "sorry to hear that news" might have been in order instead of being locked out of the facility and my room. Please consider using other facilities while visiting in Fort Wayne. This facility does not reflect the Fort Wayne, Midwestern and Choice standards of hospitality and thoughtfulness.

Room Tip: I was told I had one of the "better" rooms in the motel. I would hate to see what some of the other rooms looked like.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Parka9
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Stay away! Really bad and nasty hotel, I found a bunch of mouse poop on top of the fridge and counter! I would give - starts. Trip advisor should have - stars. Rooms was bad. Hallway falling apart! Carpet had holes. Again stay away! Check photos!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Aldmar F
Reviewed 27 July 2017

This hotel is awful for business. The WiFi is awful. The rooms are not cleaned. The bathroom is not well put together. The towels are worn. I felt as if something was crawling on me the entire time. This is not business friendly for sure. CHOICE needs to reconsider this hotel.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank rboykins71
Reviewed 22 May 2017

DO NOT STAY HERE!!

We had left the hotel due to a fire alarm being pulled and came back a few hours later. Found someone had been our room and had stolen about $300 worth of our stuff.

Friends had stopped by our room to check on us and found other people inside and they bragged they got a room key from the front desk. The staff said it was there policy to check ID when giving out a room key but I had to get a new one because it wasn't working after we got back and they just gave me a key and never asked for ID.

The bathroom was disgusting, hair on the floor and dirty tub. Had to ask for toilet paper, soap and shampoo. The roll was practically empty with no spare roll. It advertises queen beds in the suite and that was what our reservation said but when we got there they were only full beds.

We had to stay here due to all other hotels being booked in the area due to sporting events. We would never have stayed here but we had no other option.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tina W
Reviewed 23 February 2017

We stayed there almost a week-attending a funeral situation. We had 3 adults and a teen. The rooms have been remodeled. I think we may have had rooms where no one had stayed in yet. Little things like fridge still had tape on the glass shelves, cutting board still wrapped. We were all the way at the end of the hall so room was quiet but they didn't have many people anyway. I believe they had just re-opened back up.

So the good-the rooms are clean and newly remodeled. The 2 ladies that work there were great! They were always willing to help you anyway they could. The gentleman-not so much, he was okay just not as much service oriented as the ladies.

The hotel is in a convenient location. There are a few restaurants nearby as well as the mall, Walmart and Target.

The area itself is sketchy. There are nightclubs nearby and although we didn't have any issues, you just need to be careful. There was a gentleman checking in that had his car stolen while doing so. This was 8-9pm?

We stayed here because there was some sort of big tractor/farm show that weekend and Ft. Wayne was pretty much sold out.

Would I stay here again? Maybe. The service and the remodeled rooms are great. Just be attentive to the area.

Room Tip: Maybe closer to the front desk.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family