“Perfect way to cap off visit to Holiday World”
Review of Fleig's Cafe

Fleig's Cafe
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Ferdinand
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Called Fleig's Cafe at 7 p.m. to see how they would be open. Would they be open for us to get a 7:30 or 8 p.m. dinner after a day at Holiday World with our grandchildren. He assured us they would close sometime between 10 p.m. and 1 a.m. We were safe to "come on down." So we did. Entered through the "Family Dining Door." Service was quick and casual. "I'll have a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale." "Don't know if we have that. The fancy beers are in the cooler case." I walk into the bar and see they have Yuenglings on tap. "I'll take Yuengling."
Ordered steak sandwiches because the "hamburgers are like soy burgers." They were great! Best steak burger my grandsons and I had had. Highly recommended.
This place helped us make the point to our grandsons that "road food is good food." Drive passed the fast food chains, and eat local.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Good location,has a friendly staff, and quick service. They have a family room. Also, know for good food. They have plate lunches, and dinner specials. One can order a LA care as well. The lunch specials are usually fried chicken with sides or meat loaf and sides. They also have breakfast items. Things like biscuits and gravey, Blts, Egg sanwiches. Everything from food to drinks are reasonably priced. At times they offer peanuts and beer nuts at times while having a couple drinks.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

We were driving through the area looking for a place to eat & de used to try this place. So glad we did. It is a bar/ Restaurant & when we arrived for late lunch (1400), the place only had a few patrons. The bartender opened the dining room for us because the bar was about to get busy from 1st shift workers getting off. When language at the bar got a little rough, he very quickly put a stop to it & the patrons did as they were asked. Which I am extremely grateful for. Did I mention he was the only person working at the time? Cook, bartender & server. We got our food fast & it was really good & really reasonably priced. If we lived in the area, this would be a regular place out for us.

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We were driving to Louisville along I-64 and I was wanting to stop for lunch at a local restaurant along the way. After looking online I thought we would give Fleig's a shot. We walked in at 1:40 local time and had a seat. In a few minutes a very friendly gentleman walked up and asked what he could do for us? It was an odd question but we said were there for lunch. He then apologized and said the cook had already left and would not be back until dinner at 6:00, but if we wanted he could make us a sandwich. We declined and went on our way.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

This is a local bar/cafe. When you walk past the black door the dining room is on the left. The bar is on the right. I recommend the fried mushrooms and quarter dark friend chicken. Skip the iceberg lettuce salad. The service is always friendly. The food is always great. There are always regulars that know your name.