See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Pros:
+ incredibly cheap

Cons
- unbelievably filthy rooms
- you cannot get a refund no matter how terrible your room is, and honestly the front desk staff didn't seem to care.

I do not recommend staying here.

I am currently on a long road trip, and I was looking for a place to stay that would accept my dogs. Motel 6 as a brand is FABULOUS for their pet policy - corporate Motel 6 locations actually don't even have a pet fee!

So, I was looking for a spot along my route, and I picked this Motel 6 at random. My mistake. I pulled into the parking lot, and walked in to check in. The lobby looked unclean, and among the first things the woman working the front desk said to me was "You know there's a $10 fee for your second dog, right?" No. I did not know. When I booked the room, nothing indicated there would be a fee for pets.

This alone isn't a problem though - actually $10/pet is a really good deal, many hotels/motels will charge much more for pets or disallow pets entirely. I was given a room on the first floor.

I walked into my room and immediately noticed the floor was dirty - like it hadn't been swept, vacuumed, or mopped in several days at least. And then I noticed that there was dust all over the room - on the fan, on the table, TV. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned thoroughly at all!

I then noticed the bedspread was pretty heavily stained. Like, if my bedspread at home looked like that, I would definitely throw it out.

I went to use the restroom, and found that the bathtub had a ring of black grime around it, which was disgusting. Plus the tub was wet, and the washcloth was wet too!

I drew my blinds, and discovered that there were gigantic holes! So no guarantee of privacy either.

All of these things in combination, I decided that I would not be staying. I'm willing to tolerate a lot for the right price, but I felt like I couldn't actually trust that the hotel was clean, which is the absolute bare minimum that a hotel should be offering (a safe/clean place to sleep! That's literally all I need)

I was in the room for fewer than 20 minutes total. I went to the front desk, told them about the appalling state of my room, and asked for a refund, which I was denied. The front desk person I spoke with actually said "I'm sorry, but that's not my responsibility, I just work the front desk." What a great apology.

I then called corporate Motel 6, and unfortunately because this is a franchise they are not beholden to Corporate Motel 6's regulations, and I was not able to get a refund through that avenue either.

Don't just trust my words - I'm adding photographs too (though obviously dust doesn't show up well in a photograph, you'll be able to see some of the things I've mentioned).

Unless you absolutely can't stay anywhere else, do not stay here. They don't deserve your business, and no price makes staying in this level of filth worth it in my opinion.

Room tip: Do not stay here. The rooms are not clean, and that is the most basic thing a hotel should offer.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank moodyoc10
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your post. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of our housekeeping cleaning of the guestroom. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

dirty, not even a delivery menu for pizza, bed bugs. Our girl woke up with over 20 welts all over her body. Need I say more? The manager REFUSED to refund our money so we left anyway, to find a more expensive accommodation but offered a far greater VALUE! We are leaving the refund up to our credit card co.

Room tip: book elsewhere!
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Mitch, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in carrying on the commitment during your recent stay. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience, we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay, for this reason, we apologize for the disappointment you describe with the expectations of amenities. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

I just stayed one night for a concert (an Uber ride downtown was less than $10 at "peak" time). The room wasn't very big, but I don't mind that. It didn't have carpet and I think that is odd for a motel. It's an older motel that they have redecorated. The TV was nice and so was the cable. It was quiet and felt very safe. Check in was fast and friendly. I was kind of put off by the cigarette burns in the bedspread, the vent in the bathroom that was caked over with dust, the stains running down the walls of the bathroom, the large gap around the Heater/AC unit that let me see outside, and how dirty my socks got after just a few minutes on the floor. There was an almost overpowering smell of cleaner in the room that never went away and that's probably why I noticed the room wasn't particularly clean. The price was right and it wasn't an unpleasant experience, but I don't think I'd stay again unless there wasn't another choice.

Room tip: Try to get a room downstairs. The steps by my room weren't all the same size or distance from the next. I almost tripped more than once.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank highlandsjeff
Reviewed 23 October 2017

The room was compact but newly remodeled. Nice change from previous
Motel 6 prototype. The staff was friendly but they should offer discounts as
you check in if they are available such as Military, Senior, AARP, etc.
They have a Military discount but not MENTIONED. It is posted on a sign
on an adjacent wall, but not noticeable unless your looking for it. Once you
check in, it's to late to get discount. It is deceiving. The room is a little over-
priced for the location and for a Motel 6.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 August 2017

We also stayed on way to see eclipse; booked online, got a great price. The room looked decent; some renovations like new laminate wood-look flooring, fresh paint & bathroom upgrades. Bedspreads were clean but several cigarette burns in non-smoking room. But after dark, the visitors came out - cockroaches! In bathroom, under bed, & one got into the carryout box from dinner leftovers. It freaked my husband out, he could not sleep after that (3am) and woke me up, and we left by 6am. I did bring cans of bedbug spray and sprayed down the beds before we slept in them, as there are so many stories about bedbug problems at motels these days. Glad I did; we got no bites.

Room tip: Ask if they have gotten rid of cockroaches.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank QueenOfHuronForest
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Evansville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. Motel 6 standards for quality rest on our promise to offer the lowest price of any national chain by delivering the essential elements of a comfortable room for a satisfying stay. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.